Enes Unal (on loan at Twente)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by MillionDollarDream, 11 Jun 2016.

1. CityStu

CityStu

Depends on the role Unal is happy to play. Pep liked Mandzukic at Bayern and he was much more goalscorer than creator - he was Bayern's top scorer in Pep's first season there.

Pretty sure it was Ibra's attitude, rather than his playing style that did him.

2. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I'd hope that is the case but we are yet to find out.

3. Xhavenjoe

Xhavenjoe

I know that he is a little older than Sancho and diaz but he is currently better than them . He may not be a Pep type player but he is an international player who can score a variety of goals.We spent money this year on Zinchenko and Moreno and they do not seem to be getting as much gametime. We should bring him back and if Sancho or Diaz turn out to be better in a year or two then that would be great.Of all our young players he is the best at the moment.

4. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

That is some claim. I havent seen anything much of Unal but if he is that good we should definitely bring him back and start to involve him with the first team.
    But he is a totally different kind of player than Diaz and Sancho so I don't see them being in competition for a place in the team/squad.Another to involve in the next pre season to see some of what he's got and how he fits in.

5. Maldeika

Maldeika

Mandzukic went because of Pep...

Pep actually did not really like to play him - even left him out in some matches - he did not want to play too much "old style" with crosses - but Mandzu somehow in that time was able to save Bayern a lot of matches like this. Cross and goal...

6. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    Yep, Big nose's attitude stank when at Barca and he was constantly moaning about the team being built around Messi, couldn't handle not being the main man. Villa was available and out went the conk.

7. CityStu

CityStu

I can imagine an experienced senior player being a bit aggrieved at being told to play in a way that wasn't going to suit their game at all.

Unal's young and won't have that ego and would probably be happy with a regular bench role, coming on if we need to try a plan B.

8. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Here you go. This is what I'm talking about re whether he could get space at the top level over here. Picture the time & space the rags got when they scored v Southampton, or indeed our strikers when they missed v Chelsea for example & check this kid out in similar situations. You don't see finishing much better, but also the positions he 'ghosts' into, would just be begging for a little pass from Silva or KDB.

IF he could reproduce anything like that at Prem level, he could be some asset.

9. domalino

domalino

Working with Pep and co will definitely make him more appreciative of space and positioning as well.

10. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Absolutely, but tbh I think he just has it, naturally anyhow.

Imo it's down to two things: whether he can play with the same confidence if he got a game for us & whether Pep sees him as a viable type of player, to suit his game plan. Unal is no Gaby Jesus when it comes to chasing down, he just isn't nearly as quick. He'll have a go but the end result is more Harry Kane. But the number of times we get behind defences, & people just stand about in predictable areas waiting for an obvious pass which the defence cuts out, this kid moves & anticipates, as does G Jesus. It could really give us another dimension if we could make it work.