Enes Unal (on loan at Twente)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by MillionDollarDream, 11 Jun 2016.

1. ColinLee

ColinLee

There was a quote on the OS's 'What the media says' (from The Express about Fernando Llorente) today which if correct, backs that up:

'The City boss believes Sergio Aguero, Gabriel Jesus and Kelechi Iheanacho are too similar and wants a different approach for next season.'

He's certainly a different animal. (Unal)

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-...lorente-victor-lindelof-1-march/1488352783021

Last edited: 2 Mar 2017
  2. KCblue

KCblue

Do we think he's ready to be here next season? I think we should get him playing in England regardless as I believe at the least a Championship club would take him on loan

3. ColinLee

ColinLee

Work permit allowing I could see him as part of the squad next season with the expected culling to make room.

4. Clercqs

Clercqs

Wtf is it with thos guy and scoring screamers? Another one today!

5. harvo the blue

harvo the blue

Unal will have the Summer to impress, Kelechi will be gone.

6. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

Personally I would be staggered if Unal was better than Kelechi. Need to see Unal playing over here to properly asses him rather than just his goals in Holland even if some of them are gems.

7. Xhavenjoe

Xhavenjoe

Prepare to be staggered. He may not be as good as Kelechi at moment but is improving all the time. He scored on his Süper Lig debut on 25 August 2013 for Bursaspor against Galatasaray, making him the youngest player to net in Turkey's top division. An international at several youth levels, he earned his first senior cap on 31 March 2015 . Wouldn't it be nice to have both of them here next season and see who is the best suited.

8. MCFCFanTX

MCFCFanTX

N/A
    In terms of Kelechi v Unal, the good thing is that, in a perfect world, you can have both on the squad considering they are very different strikers.

9. pee dubya

pee dubya

________
    I can't see that happening, Kelechi has only played 822 minutes this season and that's without Jesus around and Aguero missing 7 games through suspension.

10. MC ID

MC ID

I do think it will be one or the other not both, Unal might have the edge simply because he adds different skills which our other strikers don't currently possess, however it will be critical for him to put himself about and fight at the spearhead of the attack - if he's not closing people down and assisting the team out of possession he ain't got a chance.