Enes Unal (on loan at Twente)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by MillionDollarDream, 11 Jun 2016.

1. Easy

Easy

Very successful loan.

Eredivisie Top Scorers............................Goals (Penalties)
    1. Nicolai Jorgensen.....Age:26...Feyenord.... 21 (1)
    2. Ricky van Wolfwinkel.....Age:28...Vitesse.....20 (4)
    3. Reza Ghoochannejhad...Age:29....SC Heerenveen...19 (3)
    4. Samuel Armenteros.......Age: 26....Heracies....19 (5)
    5. Enes Unal..................Age:20....FC Twente..... 18 (0)

18 goals with no penalties despite that period of drop in form. Hopefully goes to a stronger league next season.

Lille would be a great move.

2. Otamendi's Beard

Otamendi's Beard

He's definitely had a good loan spell and will have grown as a player.

I'd love to see him get regular games at a higher level. Although, as long as he's playing consistently that's the main thing IMO even if he stays there another year.

Got to question the level when Van Wolfswinkel is 2nd top scorer...

3. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

4. Easy

Easy

haha yea but he is considerably younger than the scorers above him and would be second if you take away everyone's penalties.

I would prefer to see him in France, Italy or Germany. All good places for him. Has been linked with Lille, Lazio and B. Dortmund recently. I agree that the most important thing is playing time. Maybe even Girona.

Another successful loan in one of those countries and we should probably bring him back to City.

5. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Lille would be great, Bielsa is a real educator for young players. And they have Eder as their main striker, Unal would bench him without any problem.

6. Easy

Easy

I agree. Pep also credits Bielsa as being the best coach in the world. I think a successful season or two in France with him and then we can bring Enes back here and have him and Gabby as our two main strikers. Right now its looking like Kun will stay, in 2019 his contract is up and he goes back to Argentina. By then we could have Gabby and either Unal or Iheanacho as our two main strikers. We'll see who progresses more by then. Maybe we can even find room for all 3. The future is bright.

7. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

History shows that relying on promising youngsters just doesn't work like that in reality, especially in modern 'big club' format, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about both of them (KI and EU). Kelechi IMO will be sold, but that's just my gut feeling, I don't know any facts.
    You've mentioned Aguero's deal. Unal's contract expires in 2019 as well, so we need to extend him this summer on better terms, that's for sure. If he rejects it, we'll be probably forced to sell him.

8. Easy

Easy

Unal deserves an extension. I think one of them could definitely make it for us, although I do agree that many of our promising youngsters probably won't make it here. Enes seems like the one, he has said in the past I believe that his whole family are City supporters and that he wants to make it to the highest level. He is a different threat and can complement Gabriel very well. Scores all kinds of goals, very diverse. I agree its looking like Kelechi will be sold as it seems Pep doesn't really rate him. I personally think his all around game is severely lacking but he can improve and is killer in the box. We should definitely include a buy back/sell on clause if we do sell him.

9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Awesome achievement :-)

10. 01cravend

01cravend

I know Pep wouldn't but could he play for us this season?