Enes Unal

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by WorsleyBlue, 18 Mar 2016.

1. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

That's the point a section of people continuously completely miss, when discussing young players on this forum. It isn't necessarily the 'most talented' player(s) who will make it. It's who can reproduce it at a higher level. And the only way any of them can do that, is by actually playing there a bit & finding out.

But the other one, year in, year out, is 'we need players of the quality of....x....for City's team, we're not in the 3rd division anymore' which is used by some, to dismiss the possibility of pretty much ANY of our kids making it. Then on a weekend, we've been regularly watching people like Kolarov, for years & are still doing today. I'm absolutely convinced that some of the kids we have almost discarded now, would have stood up & done something at first team level, had they ever had a chance. Even if their long term future ended up at Bury or Rochdale. One or two would have done it for us on the day, when we needed it & maybe one or two would have kept it going.

But this is where I'd disagree slightly & I'd hope, if we can get a work visa, Unal just gets a small chance at City before deciding whether to send him on loan again. He has 'something' different. If it works at first team level, even if he plays only half a game every few weeks, he could be the bloke who turns a draw into a win. He poses a different kind of problem to the oppo, than any of our current strikers. And he potentially gives DeBruyne for example, someone to aim at.

2. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

Think he's more than good enough to make it at City but I do worry that the club won't want him, Iheanacho and Jesus all in one squad. Depends how comfortable Jesus looks on the wings I suppose. Would prefer him as part of the first team next year over us signing another striker.

3. Tevez City

Tevez City

If a player is doing well during his loan, I would rather give him another season there to continue his development.

4. AshLunn92

AshLunn92

Yeh he's had a fantastic year on loan but I don't think he's ready yet. Give him another year and see where we are after that.

5. BJL_City

BJL_City

Well he'll have pre-season, which yes I know some will say isn't enough, but Pep quickly decided who was up to snuff, who needed to be loaned and who needed to bugger off. Next year when many more of the first-teamers get discarded because we can bring in replacements, then there may be a couple of gaps, but most importantly although he hasn't played them much, Pep has shown who he thinks are making the right waves to get into first team action. It's not been Barker, Angelino or Manu Garcia, it's been Maffeo, Tosin, Aleix Garcia, Brahim, Foden who have been given call-ups, I think if Unal hit the ground running then he'd get a shot to stay, but I do think his stock would be much higher if he could replicate this form outside of Holland, which now has a reputation of being completely unreliable in terms of predicting good strikers. If he came back and played unbelievably well, then great, but if he's not quite there I'd like him to go out to a tougher league and really show over a season he's got it, playing every week.

Either way I trust Pep to see who's ready for the first team and when to put them in, even if I did get cross that Foden didn't get a run-out against Celtic in a meaningless game. I think the home form has hurt Pep's confidence in bedding youth in, and whilst the system is up in the air he doesn't want to risk damaging them mentally if they make a mistake and setting them back. Once the foundation is solid and we start winning home games comfortably like we should be doing, then I think the kids will be gradually given time in those games.

6. blueincy

blueincy

7. Metalartin

Metalartin

I wonder if a Premier League club would be interested in loaning him next season? That would be ideal as long as they actually use him.

8. Super Joey Hart

Super Joey Hart

Completely echo what a lot of people are saying regarding its about how you step up to the professional level, it's so true. Just look at the NFL, the amount of top 10 draft picks that just fall by the way side and never make anything of themselves after college because they simply can't adjust to pro football for whatever reason that may be yet there are late round draft picks that go on to be some of the greatest that have ever played the game.

It's not just about how great you look as a kid it's whether you have everything else to succeed as a pro. It's a complete different ball game.

I really like the look of this kid by the way he knows how to stick it in the net... Let's see how he develops

9. Bruun

Bruun

Wasn't the problem keeping him in English football that he wasn't able to get his work permit?

10. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    It was, he might be able to get exemption status by the end of the season if he has enough appearances for Twente though.