Enes Unal

Easy

Manchester City forward Enes Ünal (20) is set to join La Liga side Villarreal. [@EnriqueGarciaED]

Enes Ünal is close to joining Villarreal on a permanent deal, with City having an option to buy him back for two years. [@EnriqueGarciaED]

Is he reliable? Villarreal are a decent side, 5th in La Liga and in the Europa League next season. I'm loving the look of these buy back clauses, been a big fan of them for a while!! Good business move.

Villarreal are discussing a fee in the region of €10m for Ünal with City, who will look to include a €25m buy-back clause. [Plaza Deportiva]

10m is nothing!!! why are we so shit at selling players
I think you have to see the bigger picture here. City aren't interested in buying youngsters to then make massive profits on them, if they sell Enes for 10m and DON'T buy him back after 2 years, then he clearly hasn't been good enough. And it would be a good indication to know if he's good enough because a team that owns a player is more likely to play them alot, so expect Villareal to give Enes tons of minutes.

If it goes the other way, and Enes turns out to be phenomenal, if we buy him back for 25m, then we net spend 15m to bring back a fantastic striker, which in City's eyes would be a steal.

The alternative is to just loan him out and not sell him for less than he is worth, but you never know if the club he is loaned at will actually play him alot. Especially at a good club in a good league they just don't have as much incentive to play loanees, FC Twente and NAC Breda are not great teams so they don't mind playing loanees. Zinchenko at PSV is a good example, he looked good everytime he played but then PSV decided to stop playing him because he wasn't there player. PSV are a top team and have no incentive, but if we sold Zinchenko and put a buyback clause, he could be developing into a top playmaker for them.

There are positives and negatives to buyback and loans, but since City are rich and buyback has lower risk, then City should take that option. I think it's good for players who have been loaned for a while like Enes, I wouldn't do a buyback for Diaz for example because he is so young, he'd have to be loaned.

I think you have to see the bigger picture here. City aren't interested in buying youngsters to then make massive profits on them, if they sell Enes for 10m and DON'T buy him back after 2 years, then he clearly hasn't been good enough. And it would be a good indication to know if he's good enough because a team that owns a player is more likely to play them alot, so expect Villareal to give Enes tons of minutes.

If it goes the other way, and Enes turns out to be phenomenal, if we buy him back for 25m, then we net spend 15m to bring back a fantastic striker, which in City's eyes would be a steal.

The alternative is to just loan him out and not sell him for less than he is worth, but you never know if the club he is loaned at will actually play him alot. Especially at a good club in a good league they just don't have as much incentive to play loanees, FC Twente and NAC Breda are not great teams so they don't mind playing loanees. Zinchenko at PSV is a good example, he looked good everytime he played but then PSV decided to stop playing him because he wasn't there player. PSV are a top team and have no incentive, but if we sold Zinchenko and put a buyback clause, he could be developing into a top playmaker for them.

There are positives and negatives to buyback and loans, but since City are rich and buyback has lower risk, then City should take that option. I think it's good for players who have been loaned for a while like Enes, I wouldn't do a buyback for Diaz for example because he is so young, he'd have to be loaned.
Yeah I see where your coming from didn't really think about it that way.

Enes Ünal set to leave Manchester City on permanent deal for La Liga side...

Anyone heard about this?

I think its best for both parties as of now. If he blossoms into a good striker we will buy him back, if not we won't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.