England could win a Trophy

oakiecokie

Russian politician Igor Lebedev reportedly proposes legalising football hooliganism
A Russian politician has proposed turning football hooliganism into a sport, according to a report from the Associated Press.

Igor Lebedev has drawn up rules for "draka" - the Russian word for fight - which he said would involve 20 unarmed competitors on each side in a brawl.

Groups of Russia fans were deported from France after repeated scenes of violence at Euro 2016.

Russia will host the next World Cup in summer 2018.

Lebedev, who represents the opposition Liberal Democratic Party of Russia, is also on the board of the Russian Football Union.

He published the proposal on his party's website, stating: "Russia would be a pioneer in a new sport. Fans arrive, for example, and start picking fights. And they get the answer - challenge accepted. A meeting in a stadium at a set time.''

Following clashes between his country's fans and England supporters at Euro 2016, Lebedev said he "did not see anything terrible about fans fighting".

We could be in with a shout I suppose.

Russian politician Igor Lebedev reportedly proposes legalising football hooliganism
A Russian politician has proposed turning football hooliganism into a sport, according to a report from the Associated Press.

Igor Lebedev has drawn up rules for "draka" - the Russian word for fight - which he said would involve 20 unarmed competitors on each side in a brawl.

Groups of Russia fans were deported from France after repeated scenes of violence at Euro 2016.

Russia will host the next World Cup in summer 2018.

Lebedev, who represents the opposition Liberal Democratic Party of Russia, is also on the board of the Russian Football Union.

He published the proposal on his party's website, stating: "Russia would be a pioneer in a new sport. Fans arrive, for example, and start picking fights. And they get the answer - challenge accepted. A meeting in a stadium at a set time.''

Following clashes between his country's fans and England supporters at Euro 2016, Lebedev said he "did not see anything terrible about fans fighting".

We could be in with a shout I suppose.

Only if our lads could get pissed up first

I think its a good idea. England would do well. A team with Vinnie Jones, Danny Dyer, Tamer Hassan and Craig Fairbrass would take some beating (pardon the pun). Its also a good opportunity for teams that don't normally qualify for World Cups. Judging by the size of their rugby players, the Pacific Island nations could do well. Italy and France would flop though. Serbia could be darkhorses, though if this idea was proposed in the 90's they would be unstoppable with Arkan leading the hooligans. Iceland could be dangerous. If the Germans drew the Turks I can see it playing out like this:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.