England formation

Status
Not open for further replies.
His kicking, is some of the worst I've seen.
His kicking is one of his best attibutes. He's a young guy, in a rough patch of form, but he clearly has talent. He was outstandig last season in a shocking sunderland side. I would only put him in the team over hart if they were to play out from the back in the way that we do.

Southgate states he wants the team to play out from the back. Well he’s fucked with the goalies we have. None of them are anywhere near capable enough.

This is what Southgate said on Thursday:

Oxlade-Chamberlain has also been dropped and Southgate said:

“He suffers slightly from the change of system because the way we want to go, he becomes a possibility at wing-back, but I think Trippier was outstanding last night (against Madrid), Kyle Walker excellent. If we play him as one of the players just off the forwards, we’ve got Alli, we’ve got Rashford, we’ve got Sterling.”

Southgate has earmarked Young as a wing-back in his system with Gomez “a centre-back and I think a back three is perfect for him”.

This tells me that for the World Cup he is going to be working towards implementing a back three.

Southgate states he wants the team to play out from the back. Well he’s fucked with the goalies we have. None of them are anywhere near capable enough.

If there is one thing we have learnt as City fans under Guardiola, it's that without a top ball-playing GK it's bordering on pointless trying to play out of the back.

I do think however if we played a three at the back which is looking quite likely, then at least with three ball playing defenders we can at the very least recylcle possession in our own third.

The only problem there is that we need a top quality midfield player who can be relied upon to receive the ball and thread it to the forward players. At the moment we have only really looked at having Henderson do that which is a complete non-starter.

Hopefully Winks can carry on his promising rise as he could be a great addition next to Dier in midfield for England. Especially if they can gain a good rapport with each other in midfield at Spurs this season.

.....................Pickford
Walker...stones...jones/cahill...rose/delph
Sterling...winks...dier...alli
......rashford...kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.