England u19 European Championships Squad - not one City player.

domalino

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2016/jul/under-19s-euro-squad-named-060716

The Squad

Goalkeepers: Sam Howes (West Ham United), Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United)

Defenders: Callum Connolly (Everton), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), Taylor Moore (RC Lens), Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea), Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Ryan Ledson (Everton), Ainsley Maitland Niles (Arsenal), Joshua Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Reece Oxford (West Ham), Jordan Rossiter (Rangers)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Isaiah Brown (Chelsea), Ademola Lookman (Charlton Athletic), Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool), Dominic Solanke (Chelsea)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but considering we were runners up in the (u19) FA Youth Cup, and won the u18's last year, should we not feel a bit aggrieved that we've got absolutely no representation in this?

Adarabioyo? Bryan? Smith Brown? Nmecha? Barker? Oliver? Davenport? Buckley? Nemane?

Do we not have a single player good enough? Are we keeping them out of it?

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2016/jul/under-19s-euro-squad-named-060716

The Squad

Goalkeepers: Sam Howes (West Ham United), Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United)

Defenders: Callum Connolly (Everton), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), Taylor Moore (RC Lens), Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea), Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Ryan Ledson (Everton), Ainsley Maitland Niles (Arsenal), Joshua Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Reece Oxford (West Ham), Jordan Rossiter (Rangers)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Isaiah Brown (Chelsea), Ademola Lookman (Charlton Athletic), Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool), Dominic Solanke (Chelsea)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but considering we were runners up in the (u19) FA Youth Cup, and won the u18's last year, should we not feel a bit aggrieved that we've got absolutely no representation in this?

Adarabioyo? Bryan? Smith Brown? Nmecha? Barker? Oliver? Davenport? Buckley? Nemane?

Do we not have a single player good enough? Are we keeping them out of it?
Roberts was but they gave him leave to play for Celtic in the CL qualifiers.

Barker, Smith-Brown & Bryan are too old for starters.

Seems a bit odd! Twosips should be able to comment on eleigible players that could have been included. Patching springs to mind!

Tosin is 19 in September, is he eligible.
What about Davenport?
I presume they have to be under 19 on the 1st of January. Davenport is only 17 and I'm pretty sure I'm safe in saying that England try to pick only players who are just under the maximum age so it would only be 18/19 year olds for the U19's (presuming they turned 19 since the 1st of Jan).

Edit: that would apply to Patching too.

I presume they have to be under 19 on the 1st of January. Davenport is only 17 and I'm pretty sure I'm safe in saying that England try to pick only players who are just under the maximum age so it would only be 18/19 year olds for the U19's (presuming they turned 19 since the 1st of Jan).

Edit: that would apply to Patching too.
That would make him eligible. Seems criminal that he is not involved, unless there is a good reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.