England u20's - World Cup Winners.

Brilliant result.Through to the semi's after a 1-0 win.

Had to hold on for the last 20mins due to a very poor sending off decision.

Missed the red card, so don't know if it was deserved but we were hanging on in the end.

Great effort to be in the Semi-Final though. A lot of talented young English players out there, they just need a pathway.

Missed the red card, so don't know if it was deserved but we were hanging on in the end.

Great effort to be in the Semi-Final though. A lot of talented young English players out there, they just need a pathway.
It wasnt.It was a second yellow where the kid,while in posession,accidentally stood on the opposition players ankle.

Shocking decision.

The Italy side we are playing is the same Italian side that knocked this group of England lads out in the semi-final of the U19 European Championship last summer, so it will be an interesting game.

To get to to the semi-final of an U20 World Cup though is a great achievement. First time in 24 years I think.

Let's see what happens.

Come on England!

Just seen Simmo is the manager, it doesn't seen that long ago he was playing U21s whilst at city.

It's interesting to note that this England team are in the semi-finals without having taken the likes of Roberts, Rashford, Tammy Abraham, Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Fair play to the lads in the squad.

It's interesting to note that this England team are in the semi-finals without having taken the likes of Roberts, Rashford, Tammy Abraham, Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Fair play to the lads in the squad.
And thus... I'm not sure what to read into the winner of this competition with regard to performances in Russia/Qatar - it seems that virtually every side in world football cannot field their best side, with several world-class players not showing up, largely due to their club's unwillingness to release them. USA for example did not at all field their best squad.

And thus... I'm not sure what to read into the winner of this competition with regard to performances in Russia/Qatar - it seems that virtually every side in world football cannot field their best side, with several world-class players not showing up, largely due to their club's unwillingness to release them. USA for example did not at all field their best squad.

The best aspect of the U20 World Cup is that for the South American teams it is absolutely massive, so for a European team to beat one of those sides either during the tournament or even in the final is a pretty big deal.

Look at Venezuela. Some are saying that this could be their best generation yet and because of it, if I recall, the main coach of the Venezuela national team has taken charge of the U20's for this tournament.

I think for England this is a big deal. For us to get to a semi-final is a pretty good achievement considering our record in the competition.

To win it would be huge encouragement for youth development in the country, especially considering we only just lost on penalties in the final of the U17 European Championships.

We are in the semi finals of the Toulon Tournament currently too, as holders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.