England v Australia 27/5/16

Rashford is not a bad player but what he has got in abundance is luck. He's scored high profile goals on his United debut, his first Derby and his England debut which has got him lots of media attention and will probably get him his ticket to France. Other than those moments he's been ok but not great, certainly not good enough to be selected for England. His luck will run out and I reckon he'll fade into relative obscurity and end up in a mid table team.

There's no doubt that playing for United advances your England prospects more than being at any other club, the evidence is manifest, but even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

I think Rashford is going to be a top striker.
He's no Bob Crow to be fair....

Didn’t watch the game, but found the post match analysis a tad confusing.

Chris Waddle didn’t have a good word to say about Sterling, and kept harping on about Liverpool circa 2014.
Ian Wright on the other hand was quite positive, especially towards the assist for Rooney’s goal.

Perhaps the truth is in the middle, but surely England have got more pressing concerns, such as keeping a clean sheet (John Terry is still the best English central defender)

Rashford is not a bad player but what he has got in abundance is luck. He's scored high profile goals on his United debut, his first Derby and his England debut which has got him lots of media attention and will probably get him his ticket to France. Other than those moments he's been ok but not great, certainly not good enough to be selected for England. His luck will run out and I reckon he'll fade into relative obscurity and end up in a mid table team.
He's already there!

Cannot get excited about England while Hodgson's in charge. Absolute footballing dinosaur who always makes bizarre team/squad selections and sends the team out to play with no particular style or plan.

Cannot get excited about England while Hodgson's in charge. Absolute footballing dinosaur who always makes bizarre team/squad selections and sends the team out to play with no particular style or plan.

Because that is all he knows - even the Dippers had him sussed, and they're not the brightest .

They all get sucked into falling for the hype and thinking if they pick all the so called 'top' players we have a chance.Jack Charlton would have done a good job for England.He realised the Republic's limitations and got them playing in a way that they were hard to beat and they stuck to it.England need to do the same and with some genuine pace up front we could try and play on the counter.Unfortunately for us though our defence,which used to be our strong point,is now wank.

They all get sucked into falling for the hype and thinking if they pick all the so called 'top' players we have a chance.Jack Charlton would have done a good job for England.He realised the Republic's limitations and got them playing in a way that they were hard to beat and they stuck to it.England need to do the same and with some genuine pace up front we could try and play on the counter.Unfortunately for us though our defence,which used to be our strong point,is now wank.
I think another issue is we have an abundance of players who are almost good enough to compete at the top international level, but none who actually are good enough...

I think another issue is we have an abundance of players who are almost good enough to compete at the top international level, but none who actually are good enough...

Watching the game last night it struck me how bad technically a lot of our players are. Too many stray passes and a lack of a decent first touch.At the top level this means giving the ball away and expending energy chasing it trying to get it back.As most tournaments are played in searing heat it is a recipe for disaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.