England

Back in the days of the old Wembley, people used to talk about it as the best stadium in the country, and the most prestigious to play in. I don't remember the level of hatred/bitterness aimed at the old Wembley being anything like as great as the criticism thrown at the new one.

Also, I wonder if half the abuse towards the idea of playing every game at Wembley isn't (and I say this in a neutral way, meaning no accusation, simply a statement of the way I perceive it) because of the strong anti-southerner attitude of the northern half of the country? If the national stadium was in Manchester, and every game played was there, I get the feeling Mancunians would be far happier about the national team not travelling around the country.

Falastur said:
Back in the days of the old Wembley, people used to talk about it as the best stadium in the country, and the most prestigious to play in. I don't remember the level of hatred/bitterness aimed at the old Wembley being anything like as great as the criticism thrown at the new one.

Also, I wonder if half the abuse towards the idea of playing every game at Wembley isn't (and I say this in a neutral way, meaning no accusation, simply a statement of the way I perceive it) because of the strong anti-southerner attitude of the northern half of the country? If the national stadium was in Manchester, and every game played was there, I get the feeling Mancunians would be far happier about the national team not travelling around the country.

I don't hate the new Wembley at all, I think its a fantastic venue, I just don't agree with every England game being played there. I also don't have any anti-southern agenda, I'm not like that at all.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
blueju said:
Hate everything about the England set up, the managers they choose, the money they pay them, most of the squad, the fact they stopped playing games outside of Wembley as soon as they could and stopped letting the rest of the country see em without having to travel to WEMBERLY, the old boys club, the multiple let downs, the fact Baconwhiskychopssirscrotenose was allowed to keep his 'Golden genaration' away from the England set up at his whim, did i mention Rooney Terry Weeo etc?

Apart from that Come on England!!!!!!

Im sorry mate but what do you think they were rebuilding Wembley for?? The only reason they travelled the country was because there was no Wembley
Also most national teams have 1 stadium they play at most of the time
Saying that, at least the atmosphere was shit hot when they travelled

Point is the tossers at the fa had the ideal opportunity to continue playing around the country and tapping in to the enthusiasm shown in those games. Just stinks the same way the fa are milking these semi finals in the fa cup

I like the major tournaments friendlies are poo though. Is like all star games between leagues introducing. That is watch. Premier league 11 vs primera liga 11 etc. No more than 3 players from one team allowed though.

I love England..to be quite honest anyone who says they don't follow the national team or 'can't be arsed' is a disgrace. Have some pride in your country! Yes they might let us down constantly but lets be honest city do too lol. Terry is a twat, Ashley Cole is a twat..and Rooney is a twat..but when our country play..we should forget all that and be as one.

Don't care about England anymore, thought it was quite funny when we got knocked out of the World Cup, we're clearly not very good even if the media make us favourites for every competition ever. Makes me laugh when someone like your mum who doesn't give a shit about football for 4 years is suddenly absolutely devastated when England go out

pml79 said:
i see some england players are gettin off but ours are stayin fuckin joke

To be fair, it was only Joe who played the full 90. Milner only got 10-15 mins and the others were not even selected. Sounds about right tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.