English Playoff Matches Thread | 2023/24 | 15:00 - Leeds United v Southampton

Thanks for all your messages, not gonna lie I'm currently in bits.

Apparently there is 27 different scenarios today and only 1 that involves us getting relegated.

You know how this goes blues don't you.

As @jimharri has banged on about for weeks we'd have killed to be in this position in October, and if we're being realistic I'd have killed for it after losing to Boro on 1st April.

It's the hope that kills you!!!

I got offered a spare this morning too, but wouldn't have gone without the lad.

I've coincidently arranged to go collect 2 crates of Vinyl 12" that have been out in the wild on loan since 2002 from a mates house whilst the game is on.

I'm turning off all whatsapp notifications and will check the final scores on my own.

I know this sounds sad but football fans are the most superstitious people on the planet, we all have our routines on matchday, wear certain clothes, go in specific turnstyles, lucky coin, lucky rabbits foot, lucky underpants.

I think the close season is more for us to have a break than the players.

The only consolation today if we do drop is I've a had a couple of contingency bets, if we go down it nearly pays for next years Season Ticket.

Not sure how you lot live with this pressure every week :)

Hope you get what you want this weekend

Not sure how you lot live with this pressure every week :)
You get used to it. I'd rather our pressure than yours, if I'm being honest. That being said, we've been your shoes. Come march, you're scouring the fixtures left, trying to work out where you'll get the x points you think you need to survive. I guess we're very lucky now to be in a position to look back at those days, and sarcastically refer to them as "The good old days". I'm sure you'll know only too well; they weren't.

You get used to it. I'd rather our pressure than yours, if I'm being honest. That being said, we've been your shoes. Come march, you're scouring the fixtures left, trying to work out where you'll get the x points you think you need to survive. I guess we're very lucky now to be in a position to look back at those days, and sarcastically refer to them as "The good old days". I'm sure you'll know only too well; they weren't.
They certainly aren't.

As always though Nostalgia is great until you re-visit it and realise it's a load of crap :)

Right I'm disconnecting from the outside world for the next 2 hours, hopefully when I check in later tonight it'll be a relief :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.