Eric Garcia (16yrs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, he has been told he will be with the first team squad next year and seeing some game time. Pep must really like him!
Funnily enough, Pep admitted that never saw him playing, but "the reports were very, very good!"

Where'd you hear that?

"We spoke to Spanish football expert David Cartlidge earlier today to get the lowdown on a player he says is “by far” the best centre-back in years at La Masia, and revealed that City have promised Eric training time with the first team in his second season"

Taken from the last paragraph of the last article City Watch wrote about him although it only says training time with the first team.

"We spoke to Spanish football expert David Cartlidge earlier today to get the lowdown on a player he says is “by far” the best centre-back in years at La Masia, and revealed that City have promised Eric training time with the first team in his second season"

Taken from the last paragraph of the last article City Watch wrote about him although it only says training time with the first team.

Given how often Foden, Smith, Sancho & co. trained with the first team last season I can believe that. I'd be amazed if he got on the pitch though.

He'll only be a first year scholar this season. A very young u18 basically. Obviously no way he's anywhere near the first team - given the fact that Pep has said he's not even seen him play then this makes it even more unlikely. He'll probably train with the first team this year on occasion, but then again so will most all of his u18s teammates.

He'd still be 17 years of age and no one, not even Pep would guarantee a player coming from Cadete A to play with the first team at that age

I think he was referring to the player training with the first team, rather tan playing with them. Fairly common practice at City for youth players to train with the senior squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.