Error message on Home page

Discussion in 'Technical queries' started by Blue Llama, 1 Jun 2017.

1. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Whichever way I come at the Home page I get an error message (403) forbidden. From my bookmarks, from a forum page, typing in the web address. I can access any of the forums from history, a Google search or typing in the forums Page. Navigation between the various forums is OK but if I try to load the Home page from a forum I still get the error message. Any help?

2. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Forgot to add that it still works from my phone, the error message is on my tablet.

Or it did. I just used my phone and now get the same error message.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2017
  3. mickster2

mickster2

Same here. Started doing this yesterday tea time. I've pasted error txt below:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.
    The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.]
    System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +1390
    System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy) +83
    System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy) +99
    System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn) +69
    System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver) +54
    System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData) +70
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) +0
    System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state) +92
    System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl() +128
    System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() +223
    System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) +112
    System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +107
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.XmlDataSource.PopulateXmlDocument(XmlDocument document, CacheDependency& dataCacheDependency, CacheDependency& transformCacheDependency) +267
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.XmlDataSource.GetXmlDocument() +208
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.XmlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +27
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.GetData() +232
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +208
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +62
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +77
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.EnsureDataBound() +58
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +15
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +88
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +160
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4775

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1087.0

4. cleavers

cleavers

5. BLUEinTheUSA

BLUEinTheUSA

Same for me too....on a chromebook. Just the homepage.

6. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Happy its not just me.

7. WyongBlue

WyongBlue

Its been happening to me a lot today on both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer here in Australia very frustrating indeed............

8. Ric

Ric

Sorry about that. I'm on holiday at the moment so am a bit limited in what I can do, but have put a redirect to the forum on as a temporary measure.

9. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Thanks Ric its working, the fix that is.