Etihad atmosphere

I had to get up at 4am this morning to make the game and I've only got home now. Puzzles me to see folk walk out on 80+ minutes when we are 2-1 down and imo when your team needs your support the most. Does my fooking head in tbh :-(

I went at 90 minutes. I'd had enough.

The singing section was great first half but went off for a pint half time and didn't come back.

We needed them in the second half. Far too many people even in 115 leaving at 80 minutes. Weird. Why do it?

I tell you what the problem is, there were 45000 spectators in the stadium yesterday, and 9000 supporters (including the Cheslki fans). Spectators spectate, supporters support. It was embarrassing when their 3rd goal went in. 30000 spectators got up on mass and walked out. You couldn't have choreographed it any better. There was nearly 10 minutes left with extra time. As Delia once said, 'Where are you?'

The singing section was great first half but went off for a pint half time and didn't come back.

We needed them in the second half. Far too many people even in 115 leaving at 80 minutes. Weird. Why do it?
If the singing section was great I'm sorry I didn't hear a thing it's embarrassing to be honest

Just as it always has been, there are a few that just want to sing all game, others react to what is happening on the pitch and some won't sing chant or shout (unless it is to moan about one of our players)

The Singing Section was more audible when it was in the corner of the East Stand in 110+111 as songs did spread down to 109-107. The South Stand is not singing in anywhere near as many numbers as that. Just like moving fans from the North Stand to create the Family Stand, moving the Singing Section has been a stupid decision.

Now the Singing Section is trapped in a small space between the away fans (who are always louder, especially up in SSL3 who always outnoise our SSL1), the overhang and the Colin Bell. You'd think that might give it an away stand feel and bring an away day sort of atmosphere because of it's isolation but it just doesn't.

And the rest of the ground has become a majority of middle class families, old people, tourists, half'n'half scarf twats, selfie stick sad acts, well behaved theme park day out bunch of fans. They are dull as fuck and sit there for 90minutes bringing absolutely nothing to the atmosphere other than tutting and taking pictures or videos of themselves. Some people sit in total silence for 90minutes every week.

But this is all the club's fault. They're the ones who've provided this pitiful Singing Section. How many does our bit of SSL1 hold? 2000? 2500? Let me put that into perspective - and these are just a few of dozens upon dozens of examples I could use - Plymouth Argyle's Mayfield Stand holds 5000 people, Tranmere Rover's Kop holds 5000 people, Stockport County's Cheadle End holds 5000 people...all are those club's vocal stands for home fans only with no away fans there to dilute or outsing the home fans in those stands. (This is not even touching on places like Sheffield United who have a Stand that houses 15000 for vocal home fans!)

Plus it's the club's fault with the new demographic of fans. That's what you get when you turf out thousands of fans from their seats with friends and family to make a Family Stand that's never been full once in it's existence and has made the amosphere terrible at that end. Some fans never returned to the club after being split from mates in that move. And that's what you get when you up SC prices by £400 in the space of six years. You price people out or scare people into worrying about the price of it as the rise in prices has been far too sharp, way above the rate of inflation.

I reckon I know more than twenty City fans (some of which had gone to home games religiously since the 70s, some if which had gone home+away for years, some of which you'd ever expect to give up their SCs) who've given their SCs up because they were kicked out of their seats in the North Stand or because prices rose too high too quickly. Some of them did return when cheaper tickets were offered in the SSL3 but some didn't and had they not been taken for granted in the first place would still have been there.

Premier League football clubs are swimming in money. They're fucking boat loaded. But they don't appreciate their fans and just milk them for all they can. City are just the same as any of them.

Uli Hoeness once said
We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?

In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

That's the biggest difference between us and England.

And they don't just offer a few hundred cheap tickets on the first row of L1 or the back row of L3, they offer 12000 tickets at low prices in Germany.

And the answer will not to give SSL1 over to Safe Standing as it will still be nowhere near big enough.

Plus it's the club's fault for making everything like a kids theme park. Everywhere is over policed, over stewarded, far too strict. Sit down, stop swearing, don't shout, "get your half'n'half scarfs, look a right **** for only a fiver", selfie, selfie smiling, selfie pouting, "here I am filming myself at the Etihad Stadium today with my selfie stick looking like a right twat", robots doing press ups, bar staff who don't know what they're doing, over indulgence in the fucking Moon, a real lack of Manchesterness and Mancunianism coming from the club. I'm sure they'd change our name to FC Moon City if they could. They seem obsessed with the Moon and being a generic football club from no place for fans who aren't Mancunian. "Live in London? Then why not get this special train we're organising and come up to City", "welcome to our visitors from the Philippines" on the big screen.

It's all a load of bollocks that needs fucking off!

And all those fans who left early yesterday - and, in fact, all those people that do every single game - should hang your heads in shame!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we have collectively become expectant since we found the last wonka ticket donated kindly by Sheikh Mansour. Before the money came we had no glory hunting JCL's, just passionate hardcore supporters who would gladly sing their hearts out en masse to inspire the team to go up a gear.

Nowadays, 1894 apart, far too many blues can't be fucking arsed if we're honest. Far too many have an attitude where the team should inspire the fans to sing, and this is too often the case. So home games there's hardly any noise till after the first goal.

I used to be in 109 and the atmosphere was half decent in there. Nowadays I'm In 302 after a good mate convinced me to move, wish I hadn't bothered moving as the atmosphere in there is like being in a library. Many people around me were more engrossed in being on their phones to look at Facebook, Twitter checking other scores and their bets than watching the game yesterday.

And then there's those with a need to queue up at the kiosks 10 minutes before half time, so they obviously don't add anything, neither do those who feel the need to leave early. Football was a game of passion were we would go mental watching City.

Nowadays it's embarrassingly becoming theatre like, were anyone not in the singing section decides to try start a song going, is increasingly met with scornful looks by those who would rather politely clap a goal whilst still sat on their padded seats!

I tell you what the problem is, there were 45000 spectators in the stadium yesterday, and 9000 supporters (including the Cheslki fans). Spectators spectate, supporters support. It was embarrassing when their 3rd goal went in. 30000 spectators got up on mass and walked out. You couldn't have choreographed it any better. There was nearly 10 minutes left with extra time. As Delia once said, 'Where are you?'

This isn't fair. My girlfriend is an atlético fan, was with me and the family at the game yesterday and she's behind he team, shouting and cheering, more than the usual season ticket holders around us. She turns to me when we are 2-1 down and says why aren't the fans behind us? It's embarrassing. Pep has force the section where we are into song and it worked for 2 mins and then silence again.

Anyway you can't blame it on the spectacle. Or tourists. Because certainly where I sit you see the same fans every game and they come to watch the match not get behind the team. That's fine, it is their choice but it certainly doesn't help the team.

I'm surprised at the shock of some people......this has been slowly happening for many years. It's been like an infection ............young lads these days also seem less mental than us old ****s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.