Etihad atmosphere

Bang on. Oh, and a standing section will make absolutely no difference. However, was it really that much better at Maine Road? I remember plenty of quiet times there, but certainly don't recall the 75th minute exodus that we now have.

it was miles better at maine road. a standing section will make a difference, if we have it in the north stand - a full singing end. and the south stand.

Bang on. Oh, and a standing section will make absolutely no difference. However, was it really that much better at Maine Road? I remember plenty of quiet times there, but certainly don't recall the 75th minute exodus that we now have.

yeah but to be fair folk weren't rushing out to buy the robots advertised at half time like they do today.

There was an exodus at Maine Rd ... ask anyone who got the buses back ... remember many an occasion where there was a late goal announced by whoever had a radio

My earliest memories of Maine Road, mid 70's, was the queue of people streaming out of the Platt Lane. It seemed to start about half way through the second half and carry on till the end! The Kippax used to sing 'part-time supporters' at them.

Love the way all the people 'who have to be home for something' rushed out when the third went in. It really looks like they are a load of spoilt children who are going to burst into tears at any minute. Funny how few people got off with 5 minutest to go against Barca.

Pep got the plastics going yesterday then Costa quickly and cleverly killed it.

The Singing Section was more audible when it was in the corner of the East Stand in 110+111 as songs did spread down to 109-107. The South Stand is not singing in anywhere near as many numbers as that. Just like moving fans from the North Stand to create the Family Stand, moving the Singing Section has been a stupid decision.

Now the Singing Section is trapped in a small space between the away fans (who are always louder, especially up in SSL3 who always outnoise our SSL1), the overhang and the Colin Bell. You'd think that might give it an away stand feel and bring an away day sort of atmosphere because of it's isolation but it just doesn't.

And the rest of the ground has become a majority of middle class families, old people, tourists, half'n'half scarf twats, selfie stick sad acts, well behaved theme park day out bunch of fans. They are dull as fuck and sit there for 90minutes bringing absolutely nothing to the atmosphere other than tutting and taking pictures or videos of themselves. Some people sit in total silence for 90minutes every week.

But this is all the club's fault. They're the ones who've provided this pitiful Singing Section. How many does our bit of SSL1 hold? 2000? 2500? Let me put that into perspective - and these are just a few of dozens upon dozens of examples I could use - Plymouth Argyle's Mayfield Stand holds 5000 people, Tranmere Rover's Kop holds 5000 people, Stockport County's Cheadle End holds 5000 people...all are those club's vocal stands for home fans only with no away fans there to dilute or outsing the home fans in those stands. (This is not even touching on places like Sheffield United who have a Stand that houses 15000 for vocal home fans!)

Plus it's the club's fault with the new demographic of fans. That's what you get when you turf out thousands of fans from their seats with friends and family to make a Family Stand that's never been full once in it's existence and has made the amosphere terrible at that end. Some fans never returned to the club after being split from mates in that move. And that's what you get when you up SC prices by £400 in the space of six years. You price people out or scare people into worrying about the price of it as the rise in prices has been far too sharp, way above the rate of inflation.

I reckon I know more than twenty City fans (some of which had gone to home games religiously since the 70s, some if which had gone home+away for years, some of which you'd ever expect to give up their SCs) who've given their SCs up because they were kicked out of their seats in the North Stand or because prices rose too high too quickly. Some of them did return when cheaper tickets were offered in the SSL3 but some didn't and had they not been taken for granted in the first place would still have been there.

Premier League football clubs are swimming in money. They're fucking boat loaded. But they don't appreciate their fans and just milk them for all they can. City are just the same as any of them.

Uli Hoeness once said

And they don't just offer a few hundred cheap tickets on the first row of L1 or the back row of L3, they offer 12000 tickets at low prices in Germany.

And the answer will not to give SSL1 over to Safe Standing as it will still be nowhere near big enough.

Plus it's the club's fault for making everything like a kids theme park. Everywhere is over policed, over stewarded, far too strict. Sit down, stop swearing, don't shout, "get your half'n'half scarfs, look a right **** for only a fiver", selfie, selfie smiling, selfie pouting, "here I am filming myself at the Etihad Stadium today with my selfie stick looking like a right twat", robots doing press ups, bar staff who don't know what they're doing, over indulgence in the fucking Moon, a real lack of Manchesterness and Mancunianism coming from the club. I'm sure they'd change our name to FC Moon City if they could. They seem obsessed with the Moon and being a generic football club from no place for fans who aren't Mancunian. "Live in London? Then why not get this special train we're organising and come up to City", "welcome to our visitors from the Philippines" on the big screen.

It's all a load of bollocks that needs fucking off!

And all those fans who left early yesterday - and, in fact, all those people that do every single game - should hang your heads in shame!

That's an exceptional post mate.

If only someone high up in the club and I mean very high up would read it and take the points onboard but as you say, fans who think this way are just a pain in the arse to them.

#yourmancity as the tannoy guy keeps screaming.........there's not fucking much of #mymancity left these days.

Yesterday, the worst atmosphere yet. We score and there was barely a chant, back to silence. There is a better atmosphere in my front room.
Me and the kids like to sing and would like to get tickets in the South stand but they seem to sell out quickly. Club could maybe make it plain that South stand tickets for people who want banter. The whole stand should be a singing section.

I don't get all this reminiscing about the good old days. I don't remember it like that.

We had good atmospheres some of the time but most were shite.

Numbers have been up and down too.

Nowadays we live in world where mobile phones/social media are more important than anything to young people. They are glued to people's hands.

A lot of people who go to watch us now go out of habit. It's nothing to do with the tourists. Our fan base in general is aging.

I can see why people left after the third went in. Just sick of seeing the same old shite defending time after time which has been going on for 18 months now.

Going back to last season we have won 6 out of our last 14 home games in the league. I think that's where the nervousness comes from and the apathy.

People acting like leaving football matches early is something that never happened are wrong, as its always gone on just in today's day and age society is so much more busier with work and other play that we as a society have less time, so more people do it.
Long queuing times for transport don't help either.

Atmosphere would be much much better if standing, cheap entry and so on was brought back but big business dictates and for me it looks like city are happy with the happy clappers, half n half scarfers, families and robots doing press ups.

Seems big business is ethnically cleansing Manchester as a whole city with many people from all over the world now living in MCR.
Cranes everywhere with many apartments owned by Chinese people.

The typical manc is becoming less and less, and more tourists have started to appear in the stadium.

When the rags play at home MCR city centre is full of Irish and southerners.
Yes when we play at home many mancs are floating about but I'm seeing alot more East Asians carrying shopping bags from city store.

As with many old timer Rags, they were priced out, stopped going due to the shit atmosphere due to tourists.

Its happening right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.