Etihad atmosphere

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Prouty, 29 Nov 2015.

1. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

i might have got it mixed up mate, it was a while ago now. ;)

2. paulchapo

paulchapo

I know I did think that may be a step too far, especially in this PC time and it wouldn't be legal, but I just think it needs to be a bit of a rough and ready place to generate the atmosphere and I wouldn't want people having to worry about swearing, jumping about, shoving etcetera.

3. BenjaniMwaruwari

BenjaniMwaruwari

Would love to watch the whole Hamburg game once again. Really hard to find online though.

City must have it archived somewhere, could email them and ask if they can put it on the website. They probably won't respond though, doubt they're interested in what I have to say.

4. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    Everyone around me in 117 were the same faces as every week. Did the rest of the ground not bother and we suddenly got 40,000 casual fans ?

I'm not taking the piss I don't know the reason either I'd guess that 90% of the regular crowd were in the stadium.

5. CC1

CC1

See scum boss is highlighting the silent crowd at swamp saying they need support v Dippers. All reported in a positive way - unlike Peps attempts to raise the noise during the Burnley match!!!!

6. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

IT Nerd

The QPR game for me wasn't a great atmosphere as we were all nervous as fuck up until Zabba scored, and then nervous as fuck again up until Dzeko scored!

7. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

Plus the inflatable penis with gpc's face pasted on the bell end. Funny what I remember ;-)

8. Manchester33

Manchester33

Does anyone else remember going to Shambles Square before the Hamburg match? It was like a Euro away day. 500 or so blues on the piss. Imagine if we did that for every big game. Atmosphere would sort itself out.

Me and my brother were walking up to the tram station with our scarves on, people bibbing us and shouting COME ON out the window all the way there. Was like we were in a cup final or something! There was such a buzz before that game. Something I've only seen replicated on the biggest games. Imagine what the semi final would have been like had we won?!

9. The Blue

The Blue

It's telling that we all still hold the Hamburg game in such high regard and it was a quarter final of the UEFA Cup. Last year we were in a semi-final of the Champions League vs Real Madrid and even though the atmosphere was alright, being underdogs you would expect it to have been just as good.

10. kenzie115

kenzie115

We had 3 season tickets at that point but we got 8 tickets for the Hamburg game. 3 of the extra 5 are now season ticket holders and the other 2 were/are Bury fans. A small sample I know but there were definitely "irregulars" in the crowd that night.