Etihad atmosphere

£5 tickets helped a little a bit .....
Everyone around me in 117 were the same faces as every week. Did the rest of the ground not bother and we suddenly got 40,000 casual fans ?

I'm not taking the piss I don't know the reason either I'd guess that 90% of the regular crowd were in the stadium.

See scum boss is highlighting the silent crowd at swamp saying they need support v Dippers. All reported in a positive way - unlike Peps attempts to raise the noise during the Burnley match!!!!

its honestly up there as one of the best for me. id say the only games that come near it, are the united semi final at wembley and the qpr game.

The QPR game for me wasn't a great atmosphere as we were all nervous as fuck up until Zabba scored, and then nervous as fuck again up until Dzeko scored!

@gxblue is either on the windup about Hamburg or they simply weren't there. People wouldn't remember it if it were akin to a home match against Charlton or Norwich. Hamburg was so special for all the reasons given so far.

Plus the inflatable penis with gpc's face pasted on the bell end. Funny what I remember ;-)

Does anyone else remember going to Shambles Square before the Hamburg match? It was like a Euro away day. 500 or so blues on the piss. Imagine if we did that for every big game. Atmosphere would sort itself out.

Me and my brother were walking up to the tram station with our scarves on, people bibbing us and shouting COME ON out the window all the way there. Was like we were in a cup final or something! There was such a buzz before that game. Something I've only seen replicated on the biggest games. Imagine what the semi final would have been like had we won?!

It's telling that we all still hold the Hamburg game in such high regard and it was a quarter final of the UEFA Cup. Last year we were in a semi-final of the Champions League vs Real Madrid and even though the atmosphere was alright, being underdogs you would expect it to have been just as good.

Everyone around me in 117 were the same faces as every week. Did the rest of the ground not bother and we suddenly got 40,000 casual fans ?

I'm not taking the piss I don't know the reason either I'd guess that 90% of the regular crowd were in the stadium.
We had 3 season tickets at that point but we got 8 tickets for the Hamburg game. 3 of the extra 5 are now season ticket holders and the other 2 were/are Bury fans. A small sample I know but there were definitely "irregulars" in the crowd that night.

It's telling that we all still hold the Hamburg game in such high regard and it was a quarter final of the UEFA Cup. Last year we were in a semi-final of the Champions League vs Real Madrid and even though the atmosphere was alright, being underdogs you would expect it to have been just as good.

Again it goes back to what's going on on the pitch. We were up for it against Hamburg and the team followed suit. We were up for it against RM, but then the team came out all toothless and uninterested.

Again it goes back to what's going on on the pitch. We were up for it against Hamburg and the team followed suit. We were up for it against RM, but then the team came out all toothless and uninterested.

On that note I can't for the life of me understand why the team didn't leave everything on the pitch. It was one of the biggest nights of their lives. Hopefully if we get the opportunity again Pep will have them raring to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.