Etihad atmosphere

Was fantastic yesterday. The more direct, fast paced football helped enormously. It's hard to get excited watching us knock it round at the back for ages. Direct, speedy players excite people. That gets the crowd going.

Think it is getting better. Was very good against arsenal and decent yesterday.

It was tremendous in the lower South Stand.

What made a difference was people around me that don't normally sing joined in.

There's an old guy who I've barely ever seen sing and he joined in with every song.
Lets hope it carries on like that

That was better, if the team plays with passion and at a pace the fans will show it too. A more direct style is the way forward.

A good test will be the next home game vs Swansea. Not a rival unlike the last 2-3 games that have included Arsenal, Burnley and Spurs. If the atmosphere is decent in 2 weeks time, that would be great.

That remix of The Doves and The Chemical Brothers before kickoff sounded horrific. I know we had the Beatles come on just at kick off which got some people singing (but not many around me in CB3). When was the last time we had blue moon playing out of the PA?

Can I just say that i wasn't in my usual seat and sat next to some 'tourists'......thought the atmosphere was fabulous......suggest that if you can't get used to it then you give up your seat and maybe stop going.... We struggle to sell ou for every match...... Get used to it.... I personally welcome anyone who wants to to support the boys in blue !!!......no matter where they come from.

Well Said

Also why does everyone taking a selfie or a photo have to be branded on here as a tourist? I will usually take some photos on my phone before the game and send them to a mate, especially when the games aren't televised. People might just be sharing them on social media. How do you think all the videos end up online of goal celebrations, singing, vlogs/blogs etc? From people capturing the action on their phones. Is everyone who personalises their seasoncard/cityzens card with photos that they have taken at the stadium a tourist?

Last edited:
SS3 was the best its been all season yesterday.

A full away block and an afternoon drinking probably helped along with no showsec wankers sucking the energy out of the crowd.

Can I just say that i wasn't in my usual seat and sat next to some 'tourists'......thought the atmosphere was fabulous......suggest that if you can't get used to it then you give up your seat and maybe stop going.... We struggle to sell ou for every match...... Get used to it.... I personally welcome anyone who wants to to support the boys in blue !!!......no matter where they come from.

The atmosphere was shit where I was. The tourists didn't sing, cheer or make any noise. There were empty seats - I'm assuming for part of a group that didn't show. They weren't for sale when I was looking for a seat.

I like my usual seat. I am surrounded by other blue season ticket holders who get behind the team. Why should I give it up and stop going?

It's the tourist that are part of the problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.