Etihad atmosphere

Was expecting a party atmosphere yesterday couldnt believe just how flat it was. Hope its rocking for Huddersfield but not getting my hopes up

I get to stand in various parts of the stadium, the atmosphere is usually reflected by how the team is playing or who we are playing, the last two home games have been huge united and Liverpool and when we were on top the feeling round the stadium is a direct reflection of how the team are playing, yesterday was a party atmosphere however as the team played in high tempo so the crowd were up for it as it becomes a more training game the sound goes down to the point you could hear the players, it becomes flat. The south stand got loads going in particular when yaya came on, but most were out yesterday for a good day to watch brilliant football, I expect much the same against Huddersfield as well.
When we play fast paced free flowing football the crowd are up for it and rightly so but as the game slows down so does the crowd, the answer is hard when you dominate a match so long it’s no longer that exciting unless you are playing 100mph for 90 mins.
One thing I did notice was the amount of empty seats that are in blocks, particularly level 2 Colin bell stand, this is obviously a coropiarte thing and I can’t for the life of me think why even corporate wouldn’t turn up yesterday it was frustrating to see.

I get to stand in various parts of the stadium, the atmosphere is usually reflected by how the team is playing or who we are playing, the last two home games have been huge united and Liverpool and when we were on top the feeling round the stadium is a direct reflection of how the team are playing, yesterday was a party atmosphere however as the team played in high tempo so the crowd were up for it as it becomes a more training game the sound goes down to the point you could hear the players, it becomes flat. The south stand got loads going in particular when yaya came on, but most were out yesterday for a good day to watch brilliant football, I expect much the same against Huddersfield as well.
When we play fast paced free flowing football the crowd are up for it and rightly so but as the game slows down so does the crowd, the answer is hard when you dominate a match so long it’s no longer that exciting unless you are playing 100mph for 90 mins.
One thing I did notice was the amount of empty seats that are in blocks, particularly level 2 Colin bell stand, this is obviously a coropiarte thing and I can’t for the life of me think why even corporate wouldn’t turn up yesterday it was frustrating to see.

All this! I'm usually in the South stand 115, but in a box above the family stand yesterday, and the sound even carried over to us. Was a really great atmosphere and I was quite envious not to be in my normal place. Looking forward to the Huddersfield game and more of the same. Well done all the singers!

Atmosphere has been great of late, we struggle when the second half kicks off but I’m sure we’ll learn to get better.

But much improved, even Pep has been talking about us
The North Stand have been very vocal recently, although we have been helped by some key matches recently.

People complain about the atmosphere. You must be sitting in the South Stand because it's dead atmosphere wise.

All this! I'm usually in the South stand 115, but in a box above the family stand yesterday, and the sound even carried over to us. Was a really great atmosphere and I was quite envious not to be in my normal place. Looking forward to the Huddersfield game and more of the same. Well done all the singers!

I am in block 119 in the south stand near the corner flag. This season in particular there are a group of lads near the back keep on singing and getting it going. Eventually the rest join in but there are a few who never sing or even shout during a game they may as well stay at home and watch it on the box.

Considering we were crowned Champions I'm really struggling to understand why there were so many empty seats on Sunday. A good friend of mine who is also a season ticket holder had family over from Spain and tried getting some tickets, but was told it was sold out. Surely that many season ticket holders didn't do a no show. I know a number of people who for financial reasons can't afford every home game, but when they do try to get tickets are told there are none. I really think the club need to look at this and see what's going on.

Great atmosphere both halves.

TV stitched us up with the sound, yet again.

My mates went and said first half was shit. You could hear the players ffs. Don't have to get your knickers in a twist but that's how it is. Second half sounded great. We all need to wind our neck in then with Liverpools coach greeting, none of us was there so how dare we comment.......

Tell your mates they are either deaf, rags, or full of shit.

Normally sit in 106 but sat in Colin bell 130 for Swansea and the atmosphere over there was great.

Earnest hand wringers torturing themselves about the atmosphere should get a fvckin grip. Sometimes it’s great sometimes it’s not. But generally when it counts it’s great.

You mention Colin Bell stand Level 2 was quite empty as it is for many of the games. But it is not the hospitality area but the actual directors area that you are referring to. I was stunned at the game against swansea that the directors area was over half empty. It would have been good to see that the directors and their hangers on could actually be bothered to populate that area

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.