Etihad atmosphere

They might look stupid on your hands but they would look 100x better than a half city half Liverpool scarf around anyone's neck

Isn't it right that those "arfernarf" scarves can only be bought from the lads flogging them around the car parks and Grey Mare Lane?

Perhaps they could be "discouraged" from touting their wares? They're probably Salford rags anyway.

Thanks for the responses. Good insight.

I'm not sure it's simply a dilution of the crowd noise by the broadcasters, as in other matches the crowd noise comes across loud and clear. Might just be a part of being a top club and more accustomed to winning. As long as we don't become another Chelski she'll be right.

The intriguing part is that City fans are probably the most vocal in the league when playing away, often outdoing the home support. Perhaps just more comfortable at home.

Great effort from the Harrogate Blues on the coach home yesterday. None stop singing from Beswick to Brighouse!

The intriguing part is that City fans are probably the most vocal in the league when playing away, often outdoing the home support. Perhaps just more comfortable at home.

Its good you notice this because if you went to an away you'll often find the same faces at the matches. The odd corporates but generally long serving blues are lumped together in one end to stand and sing ... Added there's hardly any children around and plenty of drinking on the way to the location = a recipe for atmosphere.

But again, the noise does not travel well on TV as it does depend on where the mics are located, and when the whiney bastard commentators are speaking.

Example even before David Silva came in the pitch and was just warming up as a substitute, he was getting applauded.
And everyone was up clapping and singing when he did come on.... But this wasn't replicated on TV (I rewatched the match in full as usual when I got home)

End of the day, I'm not worried about it... We're still singing and having a good time in Block 112 so Fuck whatever anyone else says.

I think losing the poznan was huge. It was a classic icebreaker and got random strangers relaxed so they'd start to joke and sing.

It desperately needs bringing back.

First we need to work out how to fill all those empty seats particulary in the family stand. Utter disgrace. Looks terrible on TV We are supposed to be one of he top clubs in Europe. If the families dont want to come cos its raining then they shudnt be buying season tickets. The owners are running a top club not a fuckin kindergarten ffs.

Sometimes the atmosphere is rocking, sometimes it's flat. I wouldn't say it's any better or worse than most grounds to be honest. Didn't they take a decibel reading a couple of years ago and over the course of the season only Spurs and stokes were higher if I remember correctly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.