Etihad atmosphere

Watched the match again on TV today and heard boos at the end. Couldn't hear them yesterday in East Stand upper but you could on TV. For Christ's sake some of these JCLs need to get a grip.

The booing was an absolute disgrace.

Only way the atmosphere will improve is with cheaper tickets and more teenagers going.

should have made the singing stand in the cheapest section of the ground, its us scrubbers that sing and not the prawn butty brigade

I can only manage down from Scotland around 4 or 5 times a season and it never ceases to amaze me how shit an atmosphere there is at the Etihad. Over 50 thousand and you can hear a pin drop.

I've had the good fortune to see Schalke04 twice and there's no comparison. The Krauts no how to gee their team on. On the other end of the scale I've seen more noise come out of Dunfermline and there's only 3k go there a Saturday for f**ks sake.

Quite frankly everyone enjoys playing us as intimidating we're not and the team itself is quite generous these days too!

In fairness, you can try to do all you want regarding atmosphere, but the club seemed more interested in flogging bloody asian robots on Sunday than it did the game.

The atmosphere is poor, and for once, I don't think this one is on the club. We the supporters need to look at ourselves and stop making excuses.
  • People used to moan that it was because a large portion of the South Stand was taken by away fans, yet this season, we have an extra tier and a expanded singing section. It's not made one jolt of difference.
  • Last season people moaned that Pellegrini's football was boring. This season we've got arguably the best manager in the world in charge, playing some of the best football (noticeable exception of Sunday) and it's still quiet.
  • People used to moan that the players never engaged with the fans. This season, after every home game the players gather in a huddle to applaud the stadium. There's hardly any fans left to reciprocate.
I stand in the first tier of the South Stand, and you can hear a pin drop in there at times. If we're meant to be the loudest, then the rest of the ground must be like a morgue...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.