Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Threa

Bluep*ss said:
Plenty of names bandied about. Pele , Messi , Suarez ,Romario , Ronaldo , Little Ronaldo , Zidane , Henry and we all have our favourites.
Most of the great players are from South America - with a few from Europe -including Puskas.
One name not mentioned is Gareth Bale - British( ok Welsh) - he had talent at a young age and was coached to a higher level.
Not many Brits have been chased by Barca , RM , or Bayern. If City Academy can produce one at that higher level we should be very happy.
But will he be lured away from City if we are not in the Champs. league every season?.

It's interesting you mention those forwards with most being from South America, you only have to look at Barcelona's academy in that they can constantly produce top class midfielders yet they struggle to develop forwards and always seem to look for the top South American to fill the position.

I wonder if our academy will produce a blend or will it focus (whether by purpose or by accident) on a certain type of player a bit like Barcelona does??

fletcherj said:
mancity dan said:
bluestevei said:
CAN I ASK A ?, WHEN DOES THE CAMPUS OPEN, thought it was to open in oct and now we are into dec

Opening ceremony on Monday mate.

something's happening on Monday but not to do with the opening only mcfc staff family and friends are invited to this event but I can say nothing to do with the opening ceremony remember we still have the academy stadium to certify before this happens plus mcfc said soon so have a date ready when stadium gets sorted

Well, seeing as NYCFC are to play 2 games there in Feb, they will have to get everything in place before then presumably.

blueinsa said:
stony said:
You're a miserable twat Marvin.

If it had been the rags he would have been giddy as fuck about it all. Not for one second suggesting he is a rag but as many have seen, he is yet another who finds fault with the club all the time whilst fawning over others.

Strange......

Marvin is a blue as they come, just a tad pessimistic.

I wonder if they will announce some new sponsors when the CFA officially opens.

stony said:
blueinsa said:
stony said:
You're a miserable twat Marvin.

If it had been the rags he would have been giddy as fuck about it all. Not for one second suggesting he is a rag but as many have seen, he is yet another who finds fault with the club all the time whilst fawning over others.

Strange......

Marvin is a blue as they come, just a tad pessimistic.

I wonder if they will announce some new sponsors when the CFA officially opens.

I know he is. Just fail to see how anyone can view what we have done as anything other than wonderful.

As for sponsers, you can bet your bottom dollar we will.

bluestevei said:
CAN I ASK A ?, WHEN DOES THE CAMPUS OPEN, thought it was to open in oct and now we are into dec
If that was your question 'A' what happened to question 'B' ;)

I'm looking forward to the futsal stadium being built.

Its the fastest growing form of the game and will be a massive boost for the sport as international teams will play there as well as clubs from all over the world.

Etihad Campus, home of England Futsal anyone?

fbloke said:

Its the fastest growing form of the game and will be a massive boost for the sport as international teams will play there as well as clubs from all over the world.

Where they gonna put that then?

Bloody he'll how depressing has this great thread become?

Has any of the white elephant brigade stopped to think that the kids from the academy in recent years have just not been good enough? You can't polish a turd.

How many world class players has this country produced in last 10 years? It's no secret to anyone that grass roots in this country is shit, the FA bang on about it all the time.

So the FA have built state of the art facilities at St Georges park, it will take years to see any effect but did you think anyone at FA said what's the effing point it'll be a white elephant ? African kids play barefoot and still develop!!!!

Like with anything in life if you want to improve anything you invest in it, time as well as money.

Does having the best academy in the world guarantee producing the best players in the world? Definitely not. Does it improve the chances? Yes by a big effing margin.

GX Blue said:
fbloke said:

Where they gonna put that then?

I was told the Nth Car Park but as long as it can be part of the wider 'world of sports' that we have near the Eithad it will certainly add to destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.