Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Threa

The bare minimum will be more income for the future once it pays itself off.

Once in a bluemoon a quality lad will come through and float around the 1st team.

All he has to do is give a couple of good games or hold his own depending on position over a season - then sold on for a few million to promoted or clubs that always seem to flirt with relegation.

Then with pot luck at some point a real talent will emerge, not every year but having the pull to attract the best young n's can only help our % chance of landing next star.

Having this academy standing tall above the rest helps attract the talent and eliminate most competition. Reputation wise we now compete on that front also.

Took this from the South West spiral at HT...

[bigimg]http://i62.tinypic.com/2vbas92.jpg[/bigimg]

It was a great walk to the stadium tonight. My usual route which now passes the College, CFA and Stadium, now includes a look through the windows of the Minihad, which looks fabulous close up and finished. Stunning.

And then a walk over the bridge... Had a big smile on my face all the way over, taking in the stadium expansion with the CFA behind, a World-Class facility, in what was an urban wasteland.

Not in my wildest dreams did I envision what is now happening to our club.

And we're not finished...

Wow.

1.618034 said:

It was a great walk to the stadium tonight. My usual route which now passes the College, CFA and Stadium, now includes a look through the windows of the Minihad, which looks fabulous close up and finished. Stunning.

And then a walk over the bridge... Had a big smile on my face all the way over, taking in the stadium expansion with the CFA behind, a World-Class facility, in what was an urban wasteland.

Wow.

Brilliant photo from side on 1.618034, shows exactly how massive the extension of the South End actually is, and being able to see some of the crowd through the old part of the stand just adds to the effect............well done

1.618034 said:

Wow.
Brilliant. I see we've even got green robots

1.618034 said:

Wow.
Picture shows how big the concourse area is going to be giving the club loads of opportunities

WyongBlue said:
1.618034 said:

Wow.

Brilliant photo from side on 1.618034, shows exactly how massive the extension of the South End actually is, and being able to see some of the crowd through the old part of the stand just adds to the effect............well done
*sniff*

Is that the first supports for the roof steel that I can see on the upper tier terrace?

jayblue said:
1.618034 said:

Wow.
Brilliant. I see we've even got green robots

The new Showsec Terminator...?

WyongBlue said:
1.618034 said:

Wow.

Thanks. The louvres were open at that end last night so I could see the full sweep of the new South Stand.

Totally missed this one?!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/December/MMU-story

To celebrate our partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University, their men and women’s football teams will compete at the new Manchester City Academy Stadium on Sunday 14 December in the first public game at the stadium.

The games are part of a series of test events required for the Academy to achieve its stadium licence and will see the women’s team welcome fellow BUCS Northern 1A team, LEEDS Gryphons, to the city, while the men’s team face MMU All Stars; a team made up of other MMU Sport club athletes and a number of recent alumni.

The men’s game will kick off at 1pm, followed by the women’s game at 2:30pm.

Danny Campbell, Vice President Student Activities, said, “The game is a perfect opportunity for us to promote the partnership and one that we are truly grateful for being invited to take part in. The stadium is an incredible spectacle and is a great platform to showcase the partnership going forward.”

Tickets to the event are free and available from the Opportunities Office at The Union.

Tickets will also be available by visiting tickets.mcfc.co.uk on Monday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.