Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Threa

Walked over the new bridge before the game yesterday and there were a couple of big puddles where the water wasn't draining, with one being black sludge and also, the surface is very slippy when wet. Also, I hope City have got plans in place to de-ice the path in freezing conditions, as it would have to be closed to pedestrians if not.

unexpected item said:
Walked over the new bridge before the game yesterday and there were a couple of big puddles where the water wasn't draining, with one being black sludge and also, the surface is very slippy when wet. Also, I hope City have got plans in place to de-ice the path in freezing conditions, as it would have to be closed to pedestrians if not.

Under-bridge heating?

unexpected item said:

What a miserable post!!!! Looking for faults perhaps- wonder why????

We walked over it and all agreed it was non slip?? Anyone else find it slippy?

That aside....... I was blown away (no - it's not a wind hazard as well as being slippy!) by the progress since the last home game. Walking to the ground towards ASDA with the training complex on the Left, all the soft landscaping is excellent and the entrances to the training areas are really smart. Just hope the scumbags don't trash it the public areas!
We can now walk alongside the smaller stadium onto the bridge and then over the roads. The views of the training ground are impressive to say the least. The whole place oozes quality & class. Our "home" is now on a par with the best in Europe apart from capacity - which can always be addressed. But the whole area is mind blowing.

CC1 said:
unexpected item said:

That aside....... I was blown away (no - it's not a wind hazard as well as being slippy!) by the progress since the last home game. Walking to the ground towards ASDA with the training complex on the Left, all the soft landscaping is excellent and the entrances to the training areas are really smart. Just hope the scumbags don't trash it the public areas!
We can now walk alongside the smaller stadium onto the bridge and then over the roads. The views of the training ground are impressive to say the least. The whole place oozes quality & class. Our "home" is now on a par with the best in Europe apart from capacity - which can always be addressed. But the whole area is mind blowing.

Just telling it as I saw it pal. Slightly abrasive rather than a non-slip surface I'd say. Otherwise everything was wonderful, but we knew that already.

CC1 said:
unexpected item said:

Not so moserable if it is;nt draining...and it aint, though i've not noticed it being slippy. I was a little disappointed the bridge wasmt a plunb on follow thru trajectory even before it opend (can see it stood on the new road) and noticed the ;ittle off-sets whilst walking over it, obviouslly they're meant but i'd have thought in '14 and costing many mills then designs with puddle gathering step-downs in a rainy city would'nt be for us. Not everything that is new is bril, you'd only have to view the shitty painted flooron mercer way with overspill all over the shop to realise that.

Not so moserable if it is;nt draining...and it aint, though i've not noticed it being slippy. I was a little disappointed the bridge wasmt a plunb on follow thru trajectory even before it opend (can see it stood on the new road) and noticed the ;ittle off-sets whilst walking over it, obviouslly they're meant but i'd have thought in '14 and costing many mills then designs with puddle gathering step-downs in a rainy city would'nt be for us. Not everything that is new is bril, you'd only have to view the shitty painted flooron mercer way with overspill all over the shop to realise that.[/quote]

Eh ?

Fat Chance said:
CC1 said:
unexpected item said:

Not so moserable if it is;nt draining...and it aint, though i've not noticed it being slippy. I was a little disappointed the bridge wasmt a plunb on follow thru trajectory even before it opend (can see it stood on the new road) and noticed the ;ittle off-sets whilst walking over it, obviouslly they're meant but i'd have thought in '14 and costing many mills then designs with puddle gathering step-downs in a rainy city would'nt be for us. Not everything that is new is bril, you'd only have to view the shitty painted flooron mercer way with overspill all over the shop to realise that.

Hmmm... *searches Google for translate option*

moggymoz said:
Fat Chance said:
CC1 said:

Hmmm... *searches Google for translate option*

If your strugglin mucka then follow the handrail (with your hand attaced to it) from start to finish on a rainy day..the point the trajectory of that rail changes then they'll be a puddle forming at your feet

The painted floor on mercer way includes brush strokes up the wall and feet of metal signage and light standards...granted it was new and we didnt pay for it...but you'd hardly be asking for a card for your front room makeover.

All eyes on the Twitter account @mcfc

2m ago
Ready to take a look around our new home? #WelcometoCFA
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4RyJZdCAAE6OSs.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4RyGs7CcAE5N4u.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4RyH6ECAAA8w6f.jpg[/bigimg]

Tricky has been 'home' too... (@trevor8sinclair)
10h ago
Just arrived @MCFC new academy campus #cfa wow gotta be the future of English football @BlackpoolFC 1st teams to play
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4Ps1gfIgAEgXGC.jpg:large[/bigimg]

Franny (@FrannyLee7) is visiting:

I'm off the opening of the new Campus & training facilities tomorrow morning at #MCFC! Can't wait to see it all, I hear it is spectacular!

Opening? I thought teams have been using the facilities already? And what happens with Carrington?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.