Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another also, the new pitch side seats have sold well (other than in the family stand for obvious reasons) and interestingly when I asked Danny Wilson made it clear that we wont see any reduction in capacity because of the UEFA advertising boards as we have in previous seasons.

Thye have specifically altered the way the seats and pitch side boards are configured to achieve that.

I thought the new rows were at a funny angle!

its never NOT been tensioned since 2002 - the existing roof would have buckled or even collapsed if it had been de-tensioned in any way

Notice the last pic on jrb's repost of mine from SSC - the ring is fully tensioned over the top of all those temporary seats where the north stand is today
Ah, I never considered it being done yearly/constantly (which I should have :( ).

I'm guessing it was constantly being re-tensioned while the new roof was being taken down piecemeal?

Is the new stand supported by it or is it standalone (arf)?

They have specifically altered the way the seats and pitch side boards are configured to achieve that.
By providing one of these under each seat perhaps?
IMG_5062.jpg

Ah, I never considered it being done yearly/constantly (which I should have :( ).

I'm guessing it was constantly being re-tensioned while the new roof was being taken down piecemeal?

Is the new stand supported by it or is it standalone (arf)?

the cable is actually just a catenery which holds the front of the rafters down when the roof goes into reversal under specific wind conditions. The tension ring is held down with cables which radiate to the ground at each corner. The catena I imagine does nothing under gravity loads, these are taken directly by the cable stays from the rear masts. There should be a solid section from the rafter to the catena to transmit the upward wind forces to the tension ring. Does the catenary run below the new roof?, if it does then the links from the new rafters to the tension ring will work in tension under wind conditions and therefore can be flexible cables themselves if desired.

the cable is actually just a catenery which holds the front of the rafters down when the roof goes into reversal under specific wind conditions. The tension ring is held down with cables which radiate to the ground at each corner. The catena I imagine does nothing under gravity loads, these are taken directly by the cable stays from the rear masts. There should be a solid section from the rafter to the catena to transmit the upward wind forces to the tension ring. Does the catenary run below the new roof?, if it does then the links from the new rafters to the tension ring will work in tension under wind conditions and therefore can be flexible cables themselves if desired.
I had to Google 'catenery' :( , but cheers, interesting. And yes the cablenet hangs below the front of the new stand, I think they may have gone higher but it would have obstructed sight-lines right up at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.