Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said... I'm not too concerned about how scruffy some parts of Eastlands is, the aniline site looks amazing these days with the CFA.

Who cares what it looks like anyway? I'm just there to watch the players on the grass.

We will have one of the finest arenas and surrounding areas in Europe in ten years. The stadium is being completely remodelled on a phased basis as our club and City grow. It is genius and a pleasure to watch.

Am I the only one who thinks the stadium looks fantastic INSIDE, but looks like some kind of Meccano project outside?

In addition, am I the only one who sees the melding of the roof between the South Stand and the Colin Bell & East Stands as quite inartful?

Maybe will think differently when I see it for the Chelsea game, and think the new ground is going to look amazing when lit up for night games, but in pics it looks a bit "cobbled together." Ironic, given our historic hom, which was the very definition of that term!

The improvement is huge, so the meccano comment is very strange.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks great in those two pics in my opinion. Perhaps you were thinking of this stadium below? Arguably the ugliest stadium in football....

1034179.jpg

The corners are a temporary issue until the whole roof is replaced (a good few years away) - that's assuming you're talking about the roof corners. I agree with you, the curve / sweep leaves a lot to be desired. That said, maybe we'll get used to it in time!
If you mean the seating arrangement at corners, then I'm not sure if they can do much. The Emirates does a nice job of wrapping around the corners with seating.

As for the Meccano look - I think it's a bit harsh, but I can see how the supports aren't to everybody's liking. They've obviously been a bit of an obstacle to overcome in expanding the South Stand, but the end result isn't too bad (given they couldn't be removed, or the cost was too prohibitive).

From the inside, it's beautiful, but so is the Emirates, and the Stadium of Light is pretty nice too. Ultimately though, it's what happens on the pitch that matters. We have a safe and accessible stadium. A capacity that doesn't appear to be hindering us, and we still have scope for future expansion. Everything in the City garden looks quite rosy all in all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.