Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they done anything more to the stairway exteriors at the South Stand? They seemed to be working on them quite a bit a couple of weeks back.

Question for those who may know... Would it be possible to eventually introduce a retractable roof on the stadium?

As seen at The Etihad Stadium in Melbourne

031_Etihad_Stadium.0.0.jpg

etihadstadium.jpg

I ask as with ADUG having a stake in UFC now and more interest in hosting Concerts.

Here is an interesting pattern:

Maine Road 34,000 move to CoMS 47,000 - approx a third increase in capacity
CoMS/Etihad 47,000 to 62,500 extended Etihad North and South Stands - approx a third increase in capacity
Etihad Stadium 62,500 (world class) with extended East and West Stand development to 80,000 - approx a third increase in capacity

Each time the pessimists have said we will never fill the stadium and the optimists have countered with build it and they will come. They have come!!! It is just a matter of time.
Got to say you are right, I said 47000 was more than enough as we'd never averaged that many since I started going in the 1960's. An incredible effort by the club and the fans, bring on the north stand level 3

Have they done anything more to the stairway exteriors at the South Stand? They seemed to be working on them quite a bit a couple of weeks back.

last match while I was walking up the stairs I noticed there are big brackets on the outside of the stand. they seem to be part of the metal frame of the stand itself. god knows what they're for but they look like something you could rest a giant screen on or something like that as they're fairly considerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.