Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked on a couple of schemes for an underground system in Mcr in the eighties....basically its a non starter. Far too much under there to go through, and the city centre doesn't have the area to go deep and back up again...if that makes sense. I would offer a Chicago style metrolink above ground as a possibility..
I think I know what you mean. Been studying directional drilling of shale gas seams, where instead of drilling vertical wells down to the seam they can drill a well down and then horizontally through the seam, then fracture it extracting the gas. I know it's not the same thing, but what might have been very difficult in the 80s might technologically be possible now. However given the infrastructure that's been put in place now, it's difficult to just abandon it as a bad job. It's a bit frustrating to see how long these developments take. St peters Sq has been shut for years and I don't think it's due to fully re-open until August or September.

TfGM will just add more bus lanes and we will end up with more almost empty buses using them They need to look at traffic flow get rid of bus lanes and educate drivers to get through green lights instead of leaving gaps and stopping to let cars out of side roads when the lights in front of them are on green I could go on
Really so your idea of a better transport system is less buses and more cars ? The city and surrounding towns already get gridlock at certain time, and it's not bus lane or bad drivers that course it, it's to many cars, I drove to Widnes Wednesday, and crawling out of Greater Manchester at 10/20 mph on the M60/M56 shows it's not bus lanes or traffic lights that course the problems, as they is none on the motorways.

I worked the Bruce Springsteen concert on Wednesday and was approached by a Liverpool fan who had never been to the etihad and he was blown away by the stadium, how it just looked and felt on a different scale to Anfield and he said "even with Anfield expansion you guys are miles ahead"

I worked the Bruce Springsteen concert on Wednesday and was approached by a Liverpool fan who had never been to the etihad and he was blown away by the stadium, how it just looked and felt on a different scale to Anfield and he said "even with Anfield expansion you guys are miles ahead"
When you see some of the grounds that were going to be built for them ,never has a fan base been so ripped off with that tk maxx extension they have ended up witjh

I had a plan for the metro and using both lines to go and from the etihad to Piccadilly and the same time
so 2 would go on both lines up to the Etihad and 1 would carry on to ashton and the other would wait for the other 2 then the waiting 1 would go to ashton

you could have double trams so that's 4 trams all going to the Etihad on match days the service for ashton would start at the velo park

Really so your idea of a better transport system is less buses and more cars ? The city and surrounding towns already get gridlock at certain time, and it's not bus lane or bad drivers that course it, it's to many cars, I drove to Widnes Wednesday, and crawling out of Greater Manchester at 10/20 mph on the M60/M56 shows it's not bus lanes or traffic lights that course the problems, as they is none on the motorways.

A two lane road will have twice the capacity of a one lane road, this is obvious. Reducing it to one to accommodate buses has knock on to other roads, so yes just like Liverpool let's see the light and get rid of them. Bad driver habits contribute to traffic jams, leaving gaps in crawling traffic means the queue of traffic is longer than it should be, less cars get through on green than should do, junctions up to that road are also affected. I drove into Manchester last Wednesday and the Springsteen gig was on at the Etihad due to selfless drivers blocking junctions, a lane on Blackfriars was empty so yes bad drivers and bus lanes cause traffic jams. I can't comment on your illustration, but is this the same every day at that time? Or was it the consequence of an accident?
I was also pointing out that most buses are not full, yet there are following each other down the road

Slightly off topic but staggering to see the farcicke situation that is the contracting performance on the mancunian way. An utter disgrace that this is still ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.