Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning permission was given for the expansion of the ground in Fenruary 2014. Preparatory works started in March 2014, with more substantive works at the end of the season. It was completed in August 2015. IIRC, they had to really rush in the last few days to be ready for the first home game against Chelsea.

In theory, they do have planning permission for the North Stand already but if there are changes to the original plans I suppose they might have to resubmit the planning application. I'm wondering if this is what worsley can't tell us, though I do appreciate that you won't be able to disclose even this.

Anyway, a start in New Year 2017 would seem to presuppose completion in summer 2018. IIRC, during construction of the South Stand, we hosted concerts by One Direction in the summer of 2014 when the work was in its early stages but none in 2015 as the works neared completion.

If they do the North according to the above timetable and follow the same pattern with the concerts, we may have some in 2017 but there'll be none in 2018.
Thanks

It does the concerts are at the north end and they will need to be on the pitch to get the old roof off
The existing roof stays until the second summer, if I remember the stand is built behind and doesnt effect the inside of the stadium much until the last couple of months

The existing roof stays until the second summer, if I remember the stand is built behind and doesnt effect the inside of the stadium much until the last couple of months
Yes that's right but I doubt no concerts in 2018,think take that are due to do about 10 nights next summer

Yes that's right but I doubt no concerts in 2018,think take that are due to do about 10 nights next summer
Yes, I thought it was next summer we were talking about, definately no concerts for 2018 summer would be possible. I thought the poster was saying they wouldnt be able to start this year because of the concerts planned for 2017 summer.

As a reminder in April 2015 the South Stand looks like this
20150419_133702_southstand.jpg

I haven't really seen it from the outside and to be fair I haven't visited it, I'm going off what I've seen on tv and photos and think it looks awful on the inside. I quite like West Ham too so it's not a hatred thing, I just really dislike it as a stadium. I might change my mind when I go there next season though.

Mate was at the athletics on Saturday and confirmed what I thought watching on the box, he said that even when it's got it's football cosmetics on it will still look like an athletic stadium hosting football. He said it reminded him a bit of the Munich Olympic stadium that Bayern use to play at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.