Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a big job jrb!!

As posted a while back was given the same info mate, also by somebody in the know. He did confirm same configuration as South Stand externally but internally he stated it will be different without going into detail.

Looks a big job jrb!!

I'm sure Renaker can handle it. ;-)

After all, they are currently constructing 4 towers in tbe city centre.

2-4 Chester Road? Will pop down to the public exhibition.

Have you downloaded the No1 Spinningfields app yet? 3D tours. Well worth down loading it.

BTW.

Does anyone remember the 5 phases at City?

1. Club.
2. CFA.
3. South Stand.
4. North Stand.
5 Collar Site/Etihad Campus.

Is that correct, or was it never confirmed for certain? Just rumours?

Mate was at the athletics on Saturday and confirmed what I thought watching on the box, he said that even when it's got it's football cosmetics on it will still look like an athletic stadium hosting football. He said it reminded him a bit of the Munich Olympic stadium that Bayern use to play at.

Bottom tier pushed forward and a lot closer to the pitch. That gap between bottom and top tiers could be an atmosphere killer though...

I think there is supposed to be another tower going up next to the Deansgate Metrolink / Deansgate Locks/Bars. Opposite the hacienda flats. Do you know if that is going ahead?
I think that is part of the First street development, its going up at the minute but I think its only 7 storeys.

I think that is part of the First street development, its going up at the minute but I think its only 7 storeys.
It was on the other side. Did a google street view, found the hoardings which took me to a web-site and got this image. They've not started work yet. Had hoardings around the site for ages.
axis-view-1.jpg

It was on the other side. Did a google street view, found the hoardings which took me to a web-site and got this image. They've not started work yet. Had hoardings around the site for ages.
axis-view-1.jpg

The 28 storey axis project been around for a while. Incredibly tight footprint - would imagine an absolute nightmare to build. Plenty of sky scrapers imminent (that word again) in Manchester.

The West Ham stadium just looks weird. Pity cause I like the Hammers.

It is absolutely horrendous as a football stadium. It's all new and shiny now , but Give it a few years once the gloss has worn off amd I can't see it being a much loved home ground for West Ham fans .

Mate was at the athletics on Saturday and confirmed what I thought watching on the box, he said that even when it's got it's football cosmetics on it will still look like an athletic stadium hosting football. He said it reminded him a bit of the Munich Olympic stadium that Bayern use to play at.

But it's completely different when the athletics is on.

For the football season the entire lower tier moves inwards and covers the running track to bring them next to the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.