Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is absolutely horrendous as a football stadium. It's all new and shiny now , but Give it a few years once the gloss has worn off amd I can't see it being a much loved home ground for West Ham fans .

I was in London last week and had a tour. Real West Ham fans will despise it. I predict they won't be playing there in 10 years.

Absolute eye sore, also find it strange that they've left the seats white rather that fitting their own coloured ones... Think they'll be looking at moving on within the next decade to be honest.

I do really like the hammers but I fear once the novelty of the place where's off they will be getting gates of about 40,000 with loads of empties, and the pitch about 40 miles from the fans. Hope I'm wrong

There's some barmy comments on this thread. West Ham aren't moving anywhere. Have you got any idea how much it would cost to build a brand new stadium that size, or even half that size in London?! Not to mention the infrastructure to go with it. They've left the seats predominantly white because there's almost 70,000 of them to replace. Not sure how much a seat costs but if they're twenty quid each, that's nearly £1.5M just to change the colour!

There's some barmy comments on this thread. West Ham aren't moving anywhere. Have you got any idea how much it would cost to build a brand new stadium that size, or even half that size in London?! Not to mention the infrastructure to go with it. They've left the seats predominantly white because there's almost 70,000 of them to replace. Not sure how much a seat costs but if they're twenty quid each, that's nearly £1.5M just to change the colour!

Let's wait and see. It has taken 15 years for the etched to feel like home. Upton Park was a great ground am with huge history and this ground at the olympics is very in football like. If the fans don't like it they will vote with their feet eventually. Juventus fans hated there last stadium. I will stick with my view - this stadium will be hated by true hammers.

Surprised the taxpayer hasn't had to stump up for changing the seats. They have for everything else.

It"s on the interweb, but it cost in the region of £270mill to convert the stadium from an Olympic stadium to a football stadium. And West Ham are paying £2.5mill each year to rent it.

It's safe to say West Ham haven't been ripped off, unlike the tax payer.

Not been in in the stadium, but had a beer in Hackney wick and a walk down the canal to the stadium and thought it had the making of a great football away day, can't wait to go this season

I do really like the hammers but I fear once the novelty of the place where's off they will be getting gates of about 40,000 with loads of empties, and the pitch about 40 miles from the fans. Hope I'm wrong[/QUOTE] Looking at the video, West Ham have got their name on the seats, also the crossed hammers. It's funny that 'Sport England' stopped us doing that Eastlands !

It was on the other side. Did a google street view, found the hoardings which took me to a web-site and got this image. They've not started work yet. Had hoardings around the site for ages.
axis-view-1.jpg

There's also another tower (larger than that above) planned directly across the road (right next to the City Inn):

pnw__1425667948_Whitworth_Tower_by_Our_Studio.jpg

Also 'imminent' as it happens (started clearing the interior out ready for demolition apparently).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.