Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say there was room but there's the water table, drainage, cost to factor in when they've got the potential to take it to in excess of 80000 it probably isn't worth it
The full 3 tier extension would hold 76000 plus. They can't link all the way round as the rake is very different on the south stand that that of the east and west. The south stand 3rd true can be widened once the category system for the old roof are fully removed! Let's just do the north stand first though. I don't know anything concrete yet but my money is on two teir stand with no corporate. Hoping to see some drawings next week.

Is a single tier out of the question in your opinion?

This is from http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1568058&page=17 featuring our very own @jrb and @DiscoSteve and is an excellent site. There's far too much to repeat here and I would recommend a trawl through it. This image shows a possible expansion plan for all 4 sides.

Wu634He.jpg
Just google and found these on bluemoon, the fully extended stadium would look awesome, do people think the club regret not doing both ends now, as I think the south stand extension as been a success.

Just google and found these on bluemoon, the fully extended stadium would look awesome, do people think the club regret not doing both ends now, as I think the south stand extension as been a success.
I think the logistics made it difficult if not impossible to do both ends at the same time. Those big cranes aren't exactly mobile.

I think the club will continue to grow. Just because we don't need 80,000 now doesn't mean we won't one day. City has huge potential, barely scratched as yet.

But then you get into transport issues too. It's bad enough as it is, imagine what it might be with a substantially larger crowd.

You've got too blame the City council and GMPTE for the poor transport system for the stadium. Also I've always wondered why the stadium was built with a 48'000 capacity when stadiums with 50'000 capacities could hold the European Cup/ Champions league final. The transport should of been sorted when the stadium was being built, and yet stations to the north (Park & Miles Platting) were shut !

I hope we do go for the 2 tier option. The move away from symmetry and the addition of a visually obvious 'fan' stand will add individuality and character.

Just as an aside - I looked on line today for the planning update for the changes to the development which will house peps new home in town! Fuck me what a gaff. Got its own media room. (He is going to be here more than 3 years!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.