Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Liverpool can't make it work,why can we? (Assuming we are going ahead).

I think we are looking at return on investment, not in terms of % return per capita spend, but in terms of prestige.

I disagree. I don't think the "prestige" is the return on investment.

It appears the club are going to make blocks 124-127 in to some kind of corporate / semi corporate area. As I said earlier, some seats will go from generating £700 a season to £500 a game. So for those seats, they could be increasing potential returns from those seats by 25 times over a season. That's a gigantic increase.

I assume Liverpool don't have the same potential to expand their existing corporate offering and can only offer more cheap seats, which in themselves won't be commercially viable.

City on the other hand are going to change existing prime location seats in to corporate seats, increase the revenue on those blocks by many millions a season, which will in turn pay for the expansion to make 5k extra standard seats.

The return on investment is in cash as opposes to prestige.

I disagree. I don't think the "prestige" is the return on investment.

It appears the club are going to make blocks 124-127 in to some kind of corporate / semi corporate area. As I said earlier, some seats will go from generating £700 a season to £500 a game. So for those seats, they could be increasing potential returns from those seats by 25 times over a season. That's a gigantic increase.

I assume Liverpool don't have the same potential to expand their existing corporate offering and can only offer more cheap seats, which in themselves won't be commercially viable.

City on the other hand are going to change existing prime location seats in to corporate seats, increase the revenue on those blocks by many millions a season, which will in turn pay for the expansion to make 5k extra standard seats.

The return on investment is in cash as opposes to prestige.

Are finance and prestige mutually exclusive ?
Surely there are now at least 2 reasons to expand from the ADUG point of view.

Are finance and prestige mutually exclusive ?
Surely there are now at least 2 reasons to expand from the ADUG point of view.

Who ever said they had to be mutually exclusive?

The previous poster said the return on investment won't be financial, it will be prestige.

I disagree. I think the ROI will be financial. That's not to say some prestige won't be attached too.

Looks like they have'nt gone bump WorsleyWeb
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...eveloper-slammed-faulty-homes-handed-12023692

Talking of glass falling out....seen a piece on the floor on blossum street fortnight back, looked suspiciously like the islington wharf caper with the outer sheet of a double glazed unit blown out, someone's gonna do a bundle in hard hats with the amount of higher rise planned.

Thomas Barnes the contractor went bump ! Not the developer. Saw that article last night.

Any news regarding service diversions as this was supposed to have started.

North Stand Programme Option B ~ Commence October 2016 Service diversions, and foundations Demolition of boxes, Prop and cut back existing roof (1st close season) Steelwork, metal decking, concrete and lighting/other M and E protected walkway (1st close season) Stand construction and fit out Remove existing roof complete precast etc Works Complete

so they will pay for the expansion with 300 quid tickets ?. so not with the increased revenues, huge tv deal, one of the richest owners in the world, all the other revenue streams. its as if your saying just accept, it doesnt matter if your being forced out or priced out just accept it. the whole of level 2 will be corporate and most teams dont have corporate sections in level 1. basically move the poorer people out and put them in seats with worse views ?. the corporate sections are half empty most games and despite the bullshit spoken on here we do not have the corporate fan base to fill that many seats.

if the club charged fans 7,000 pound do you think thats alright ? it sums up everything thats wrong with football for me, chase the money at the expense of actual fans.
Correct!

Although if they do the right thing and make a one-tier'd super stand for all us proper fans at the North Stand end of the ground and call it the Bert Trautmann Stand or something, it'll be worth it. I just don't think the club care about that side of the business at all though (football culture for proper football fans, that is).

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct!

Although if they do the right thing and make a one-tier'd super stand for all us proper fans at the North Stand end of the ground and call it the Bert Trautmann Stand or something, it'll be worth it. I just don't think the club care about that side of the business at all though (football culture for proper football fans, that is).
If they don't care about that side, how do you explain the cheaper tickets in the south extension and proposed £300 tickets in the north extension.

Who ever said they had to be mutually exclusive?

The previous poster said the return on investment won't be financial, it will be prestige.

I disagree. I think the ROI will be financial. That's not to say some prestige won't be attached too.

I´m sure we can all agree that any additional reason would be good for City.

Mate, it's a straight choice, either expand the ground and have more corporate tickets, or don't expand the ground.

It costs £50m to expand the North Stand to add 5000 seats. If they were all £300 season tickets, it would take 33 years to pay for itself. As much as I love our owners, they're not stupid. That would be a lousy investment.

Why would they shell out £50m just so pur fans have bragging rights over having a bigger ground? They wouldn't, any expansion has to make financial sense.

If they can expand the stadium, make more affordable tickets available and increase revenue by huge amounts elsewhere to pay for it, surely that's a good thing? Those seats in 126 could go from generating £700 a year to generating £500 a match. That would go a long way towards paying for the expansion and more cheap seats elsewhere.

Liverpool have already come out and said further expansion is not possible because it's not commercially viable, they are stuck. Whereas our owners have a plan. They want to expand, they want more working class fans to come and see the team. But they're not running a charity, the expansion has to make commercial sense for them.

I'm genuinely gutted for families and older blues being moved and separated. They've got a genuine grievance with the club and I respect that.

But if the grievance are so great that the changes can't go ahead then we should just not expand and stay as we are. It's unreasonable to expect the club to shell out £50m for a new stand and not expect any return on investment, we have to be realistic.

It costs £50m to expand the North Stand to add 5000 seats. If they were all £300 season tickets, it would take 33 years to pay for itself", i really dont understand this link. are you saying thats how they are paying for the expansion. ? they are paying for the expansion through the owner and all the other revenue streams. mentioning liverpool swell, its not commercially viable because they cant rinse the fans of money. with the tv revenue no club has to rip off fans, liverpools owners are known to do that, especially in their american owned clubs and anfield is one of the worst for having barely any locals in the ground.

why do we have to price out fans ? at the minute everything seems to be about as making much out of the fans as possible from food, drinks, tickets ........ why can't we take a different approach, perhaps the german model and make it so everyone can afford it. we dont have to charge high prices, or increase the corporate bit, we make enough money from everything else. thats just my view. i agree it would be great if when we expand the ground more its more affordable. but there is a disconnect at the minute imo and the club is going to far the other way,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.