Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless if we can fill a 60,000 seater stadium or not, we have to expand the Etihad further. We can't be left behind. .

Eventually United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, and maybe Everton will have bigger stadiums than us. Newcastle already have a similar sized capacity stadium.

Even if we average 58'000, that is 4000 more than we are getting now.

if we are going to build up the north stand like they say they are, we will have the 2nd biggest ground in prem. arse carnt build any higher, spurs will be 59k Chelsea will be the same and everton ur having a laugh

if we are going to build up the north stand like they say they are, we will have the 2nd biggest ground in prem. arse carnt build any higher, spurs will be 59k Chelsea will be the same and everton ur having a laugh

Spurs will exceed 60000

Im really hoping that the owners are re considering just a replication of the SS. In everything we have done since they have taken over (CFA, NYCFC etc, Pep) they have been forward thinking and not just 'doing what everyone else does'. I really hope this is the same with the stadium. I'm not sure what - single tier safe standing, no corporate, cheap tickets maybe. Obviously depends on safe standing getting the green light, what regulations are applied (only x% of the stadium can be etc), but i think we had a single tier with 15k safe standing 'seats' that would be something massively different. If we want to add another 6k fans in the ground, then what better way of attracting some of the fans back that have stopped going and some new fans by offering something no other club can. For me it would help with the atmosphere, give the stadium a real focal point for home fans (something we really lack) and give the stadium a real identity.

You can never second guess the owners and the people who work for City, but could we finally be closer to a start on the proposal? Or at least getting some long overdue information about it?

Taken from this week's planning docs.

Bit of digging.

Richard Cohen who is named in the planning application works for Manchester City Council as a Development Surveyor.

image.png

image.png

The map is the right way around.

image.png

Small white building, right of the bridge.

air2.jpg

Hard to tell whether that relates to the expansion or not. You'd imagine the building would have to go to allow the construction of the north stand so they might be getting permission now just to ensure that all necessary consents are in place. Nothing in the method statement that gives any further detail though! Wishful thinking perhaps, I don't blame you!

Hard to tell whether that relates to the expansion or not. You'd imagine the building would have to go to allow the construction of the north stand so they might be getting permission now just to ensure that all necessary consents are in place. Nothing in the method statement that gives any further detail though! Wishful thinking perhaps, I don't blame you!

May be just making room by clearing unwanted buildings for when the collar site constructions begin. Can't see it having anything to do with NS development as its at the other side of the stadium. Will try to get some info from a mate who worked with Laing on the S S build, in October he was under the impression that work was scheduled to begin this February, he's working abroad at present but due home at the end of the month, just wondering if the stupid tunnel work has delayed the start date, pretty sure that planning permission expires at the end of February so may get an update from the club shortly ?

Here's my idea for a future North Stand expansion.

TBH it probably doesn't really matter, as I would assume any expansion of the North Stand, and the design of it, has already been agreed. But here goes.

A 10,000 capacity double tiered stand.

Level 1. 3000 safe standing places. The middle 2 blocks given over to 1894, and to fans who want to sing, wave flags, do displays, perhaps a drum, and anything to create an atmosphere.

The front of level 2. 2000 seats. So the kids and the Family Stand aren't displace too much and forced to climb level 2. The kids will be in a place where they can see, feel, and enjoy the atmosphere below them. And will one day hopefully move down to the lower tier to be part of it. :-)

The back of level 3. 5000 seats. Open to all City fans, and priced accordingly like the 3rd tier of the South Stand.

Can somebody forward this to either Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano, John Stemp, or Danny Wilson. Thank you. :-)

Here's my idea for a future North Stand expansion.

TBH it probably doesn't really matter, as I would assume any expansion of the North Stand, and the design of it, has already been agreed. But here goes.

A 10,000 capacity double tiered stand.

Level 1. 3000 safe standing places. The middle 2 blocks given over to 1894, and to fans who want to sing, wave flags, do displays, perhaps a drum, and anything to create an atmosphere.

The front of level 2. 2000 seats. So the kids and family stand aren't displace too much and forced to climb level 2. The kids will be in a place where they can see, feel, and enjoy the atmosphere below them. And will one day hopefully move down to the lower tier to be part of it. :-)

The back of level 3. 5000 seats. Open to all City fans, and priced accordingly like the 3rd tier of the South Stand.

Can somebody forward this to either Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano, John Stemp, or Danny Wilson. Thank you.
Couldn't agree more, it's our last chance to get it right I feel and developing a specific standing area for 1894 and like minded people behind the goal has to be the way forward. It's the only chance we have to get it right.

I spoke to my mate tonight who works for Laing o rourke where the stuff is made and he has not heard a thing he says they are really quiet and only have some car park in Southampton to do and last year they lost £246 million

Success attracts new fans who have added to the core City support attending games.

Kids usually settle on their team at 6 to 10 years old. Failure for more than a generation meant following United and other successful meant that supporting City was not an attractive proposition for a young kid. Since the takeover in 2008, a lot of emphasis has been placed on attracting youngsters and families. Success started in 2011 with the FA cup and City is now one of the top clubs in the world.

Soon those kids following City will start to be old enough to attend games on their own. I can see the demographic and numbers of City fans attending games rapidly changing in the next 10 years. This is why I support the expansion of capacity at the Etihad sooner rather than later, but as JRB has posted, with an eye to improving the matchday experience. We cannot be seen to be lagging in terms of development and capacity.

We do know our support will continue to grow with continued success. I am sure our owners are fully aware and have done their calculations. Safe standing will be a key consideration and they may be waiting to keep their powder dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.