Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
World’s largest bicycle maker rides into Manchester

Hero Cycles hopes £2m design centre will benefit from Team GB’s Olympic glory

January 27, 2017 by: Andy Bounds in Manchester

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fe8d73aac-e49a-11e6-9645-c9357a75844a

The world’s largest bicycle manufacturer by volume has set up in Manchester, opening a £2m design centre in the home of British Cycling.

Hero Cycles, which builds one in 20 of the world’s bicycles and is based in the north Indian city of Ludhiana, chose the northern English city over some of the world’s most bike-friendly cities — Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Berlin.

Hero also plans to open a European factory, with Manchester as the most likely destination. The R&D centre is close to Manchester velodrome, the base of British Cycling, and Hero hopes that the high-end bikes it designs there will be associated with Team GB’s Olympic success.

Pankaj Munjal, chairman and managing director, said Manchester also had a history of innovation, from computers to the graphene molecule, and a large student population. Hero already has a majority stake in Avocet, a Manchester bike designer and distributor that once employed 850 in its factories around the UK.

Mr Munjal said the prospect of the UK leaving the EU did not worry him and he had decided to make the investment in October.

https://www.ft.com/content/a8862f02-e487-11e6-8405-9e5580d6e5fb

I expect he's hoping his future bikes can be made of Graphene.

Are Spurs stealing a march on City?

That's exactly what we need for any North stand expansion.

I'm not fussed if the Etihad doesn't end up symmetrical, just give us a North stand similar to that and to the KOP, but better!

image.jpg

I'm not fussed if the Etihad doesn't end up symmetrical, just give us a North stand similar to that and to the KOP, but better!

image.jpg

Hardly news! That designs been out so long they've almost built the bloody thing.

They are also doing a glass tunnel thing but ours will be completed first.

Hardly news! That designs been out so long they've almost built the bloody thing.

They are also doing a glass tunnel thing but ours will be completed first.

I know it's not news.

But it's good to show and remind our owners, the people running City, and other City fans who may have not seen that CGI, what Spurs are doing.

I know it's not news.

But it's good to show and remind our owners, the people running City, and other City fans who may have not seen that CGI, what Spurs are doing.
That spurs stadium is going to leave everyone behind, it looks incredible.

image.jpg

a single tier north stand is the dream. id sacrifice the south stand and move the family stand there if it meant we had it. its exactly what we are missing

Spurs get the advantage that there's is all brand new and they can factor in future development, ours is always patching up and generally looks naff and isn't finished properly.

I wished we'd knocked the thing down but clearly stunning architecture is reserved for Abu Dhabi itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.