Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you not be impressed with that?

As a player looking at, or attacking that end, it must be a great sight.

expanded_south_stand_etihad_stadium_manchester_c.jpg

How can you not be impressed with that?

As a player looking at, or attacking that end, it must be a great sight.

expanded_south_stand_etihad_stadium_manchester_c.jpg

agree it looks imposing but the two corners look a right state! I know in time there will be screens or something there but surely the club could put even club badge boards in them corners or something just to hide the steel works?

Incorrect about a bodge.

They're temporary designs, made to easily be removed in years to come when the side stands come under construction.

The current roof supports come in through the corners, so from an engineering standpoint there wasn't anything else which could be done.

Most of the temporary corner supports will be covered up with the screens when they move them up from the north side when they put a third tier at that end.

It's not even a 'Bodge' as people keep repeating, it's actually pretty damn clever engineering but I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

But have I missed something, is the next expansion going ahead now?

Nobody knows (on here anyway or they're just not saying) but there's no doubt it's coming. In what shape or form is the question.

Love the memory of maine rd, loved going there, loved the Kippax, sure do miss it, but i would not swap it with the Etihad, it is and going to be a world class stadium, and one day host a champions league final.
And i am proud to call it home.
Maine rd was like the dirty bird you shagged as a youngster, a bit rough but you'd normally have a great time.

The Etihad is like the wife, a lot more classy and can occasionally hit the heights. ;)

agree it looks imposing but the two corners look a right state! I know in time there will be screens or something there but surely the club could put even club badge boards in them corners or something just to hide the steel works?
You're not the only one. The guy who sits next to me at the game is always complaining about our corners.

It's not even a 'Bodge' as people keep repeating, it's actually pretty damn clever engineering but I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

Nobody knows (on here anyway or they're just not saying) but there's no doubt it's coming. In what shape or form is the question.
It's 18 months now since the South stand was completed. More or less every league game has sold out since then. It maybe expensive, but in terms of the next step in building up the club, this is very much over due.

With Spurs ground under development, and talk of West Ham going to 67,000, rumours at OT etc we need to move on this.

United are cutting their capacity to accommadate disabled fans. Apparently they are looking at extending the main stand again, but cost once again is an issue as the stand has to go over the station and railway tracks. And with a £400mill debt burning a hole in their revenue, extending OT looks as far away as ever.

Whereas City have no debt, and Sheikh Mansour could bankroll the NS expansion himself.

TBH I'm disappointed in the lack of news and activity on the Collar Site proposal.

It's 18 months now since the South stand was completed. More or less every league game has sold out since then. It maybe expensive, but in terms of the next step in building up the club, this is very much over due.

With Spurs ground under development, and talk of West Ham going to 67,000, rumours at OT etc we need to move on this.

I'd be amazed if West Ham were contemplating upping it to 67,000 - they're already going to struggle massively to get the same numbers next season. The students and random football fans they sold cut price season tickets to last summer won't be going when the clubs aim for the season is top 10.

What rumours?.....they are being forced to make the shit hole smaller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.