Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and then it's reappeared!
Concerned GX had been on the GX&T and posted something that might get his batty slapped.
Is this the 'famous' Wow pic that made the PM rounds a few years back? It looks dated already (a bit Dan Dare/new future)...it's all so enigmatic, we might end up with a Gala Bingo and huge TGI Fridays afterall...

...and then it's reappeared!
Concerned GX had been on the GX&T and posted something that might get his batty slapped.
Is this the 'famous' Wow pic that made the PM rounds a few years back? It looks dated already (a bit Dan Dare/new future)...it's all so enigmatic, we might end up with a Gala Bingo and huge TGI Fridays afterall...

Yep, nobody needs to be coming after GX.

I have also had this photo for at least four years and it didn't come from him.

Same here.

Still sat on the hard drive collecting dust.

At the time it was wow! TBF it still is, even if it was just a glimpse of what the thinking was for the Collar site and Etihad Campus. Obviously it's moved on since then.

thats not what I've heard - I assume its a stock reply

I can understand the club not wanting to commemt on the Etihad Campus and Collar site. But I don't think they would lie about the NS expansion. Maybe they are? But I doubt it. There's no reason to.

FUTURE DEVELOPMENT/ATMOSPHERE
Q6. There was some reaction to the manager’s seeking more enthusiasm from supporters. “What do they expect?” was the view: you split the ground up with large corporate areas, silent supporters (with a code against being too enthusiastic), and then wonder at a poor atmosphere. If the manager thinks good support may help success, any extra income from corporate tickets (and matchday retail sales) may be offset by onfield lack of success. Redevelopment of the north end should not just add to the present underused corporate areas.

A6. Having a great atmosphere at the Etihad Stadium is important to the Club and there have been some great match atmospheres so far this season. Our events team put a lot of effort into activities around the game to create a special matchday experience for supporters of all ages. There are no immediate plans to redevelop the North Stand but as with all infrastructure developments at the stadium, the experience of fans and players will be at the heart of any works.

On the old Armstrong Pumps site? It's part of the Sharp Project at ICL I think

It's the Space Project on Vaughan Street

The Sharp Project is in Newton Heath

I used to work for ICL on Wenlock Way back in the 70's and then we moved to Ashton under Lyne in 1979 on Manchester Road where Scapa are now

I can understand the club not wanting to commemt on the Etihad Campus and Collar site. But I don't think they would lie about the NS expansion. Maybe they are? But I doubt it. There's no reason to.

FUTURE DEVELOPMENT/ATMOSPHERE
Q6. There was some reaction to the manager’s seeking more enthusiasm from supporters. “What do they expect?” was the view: you split the ground up with large corporate areas, silent supporters (with a code against being too enthusiastic), and then wonder at a poor atmosphere. If the manager thinks good support may help success, any extra income from corporate tickets (and matchday retail sales) may be offset by onfield lack of success. Redevelopment of the north end should not just add to the present underused corporate areas.

A6. Having a great atmosphere at the Etihad Stadium is important to the Club and there have been some great match atmospheres so far this season. Our events team put a lot of effort into activities around the game to create a special matchday experience for supporters of all ages. There are no immediate plans to redevelop the North Stand but as with all infrastructure developments at the stadium, the experience of fans and players will be at the heart of any works.
So I'm hoping that this response in bold relates specifically to 'corporate' facilities in any expanded North Stand - don't expect me to find the source but what I've gleaned from this thread and elsewhere over the last 18 months was an Expanded North Stand would NOT replicate the extensive 'premium' facilities that were built into the South Stand expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.