Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying the North Stand will start development in the summer?

If info is correct then it's will be similar to when the South Stand was built some areas around the stand will be fenced off whilst the service channels are dug out. If the time scales are similar then the main work wouldn't commence till towards the end of next season. Will try to get some updates but the guy I know is working abroad at present, but don't blame me if its not correct can only post was been told to me.

I was always led to believe that the determining factor on a final capacity was never the week in, week out demand but the peak demand.

That's why so many people have repeatedly said that we should expect a stadium capacity in excess of 70,000 when the stadium project is completed. The timescale for that is obviously slower than many of us imagined would be the case.

I still holdout a hope that the need for higher priced tickets has or will shortly hit it limit meaning that we will see a far ore generous number of future tickets being sold cheaper, perhaps focussing on juniors.

If the club dont invest in cheaper tickets for juniors it might mean the only way many kids could get near a first team game is by coming through the academy route and getting on the bench!

I was always led to believe that the determining factor on a final capacity was never the week in, week out demand but the peak demand.

That's why so many people have repeatedly said that we should expect a stadium capacity in excess of 70,000 when the stadium project is completed. The timescale for that is obviously slower than many of us imagined would be the case.

I still holdout a hope that the need for higher priced tickets has or will shortly hit it limit meaning that we will see a far ore generous number of future tickets being sold cheaper, perhaps focussing on juniors.

If the club dont invest in cheaper tickets for juniors it might mean the only way many kids could get near a first team game is by coming through the academy route and getting on the bench!
I'm sure worsleyweb posted there wouldn't be any premier seats or corporate included in the North Stand expansion, he did post in February he was going to a meeting and might have updates. Since then he's been disappeared.

Why. Do you know this as a fact Cleavers ?
Government won't allow standing currently, and in England might never again, on safety grounds (as bollocks as that might be), so to think they would allow it in a second tier is (imho) daft.

Casual membership in the way you describe won't happen either, because the club, and the police, will always want to be able to identify, and get rid of trouble makers, by their seat number.

Getting back on topic I would love to see the new stand built on the lines of Dortmunds kop end. And if or when safe standing is brought back 15.000 to 20.000 in a all singing area would be some sight to behold and no doubt would bring a much better atmosphere to the ground a bit like the kippax of old.
I want that more than any trophy in the next decade! Football is about fans and fan culture in equal measure as it is the game played on the grass. I long for a proper City end to bring some proper fan culture back to City. It's become a family theme park plastic well behaved party at City recently, I don't enjoy it even though I'm paying more than ever and that's before you consider the club has gone backwards as it's not challenging for titles anymore, but that wouldn't bother me anywhere near as much if we had a proper football stand at the Etihad.

I want that more than any trophy in the next decade! Football is about fans and fan culture in equal measure as it is the game played on the grass. I long for a proper City end to bring some proper fan culture back to City. It's become a family theme park plastic well behaved party at City recently, I don't enjoy it even though I'm paying more than ever and that's before you consider the club has gone backwards as it's not challenging for titles anymore, but that wouldn't bother me anywhere near as much if we had a proper football stand at the Etihad.
" Can't sing cos we haven't got the design right." Great fan culture

Government won't allow standing currently, and in England might never again, on safety grounds (as bollocks as that might be), so to think they would allow it in a second tier is (imho) daft.

Casual membership in the way you describe won't happen either, because the club, and the police, will always want to be able to identify, and get rid of trouble makers, by their seat number.

It's not beyond the wit of man ( and the wealthiest club in the land ) to find a legal solution to this if they wanted too surely ??

We sent man to walk on the moon ffs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.