Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this 'make the tickets cheap and bring back lapsed supporters to bring back an atmosphere'. Absolute fantasy. Those lapsed fans won't be coming back. Cheap tickets will just make for more empty seats for fans that buy tickets and cant be arsed turning up. And it doesn't need much encouragement to make our supporters not turn up ( or leave early ). I sit in a small block that gets the first 3 cup games free - yet it was 2/3's empty for the Huddersfield replay. A free ticket and they still couldn't be arsed turning up or passing their ticket onto friends.

HH Sheikh Mansour doesn't miss this type of apathy

If some can't be bothered at £20 why should he at £2 billion ?

He's already laid of 13% to the Chinese to recoup all his original investment.

Sign of the times.

As a famous Burnage boy once said "Don't look back in anger". We have the most admired owner in world football.

Sign of the times.

As a famous Burnage boy once said "Don't look back in anger". We have the most admired owner in world football.

I think he'll be more unhappy about.....

Not winning the PL title.
Not winning the FA Cup.
Not winning the League Cup.
A real possibility of missing out on a CL place.
Add it all up and that's about £40mill-£50mill reasons to be very unhappy.
That blame lies with Khaldoon, Soriano, Txiki, Pep, etc.
Not a few thousand City fans leaving early.
No offence CPB, but you don't half post some s***.
And because you aren't close to Sheikh Mansour in any way whatsoever, all of what you post is a load of.....(fill in as appropriate)

Last edited:

Sign of the times.

I haven't seen any posts saying that we haven't got the best owner in the world though mate? sheikh Mansour will Always be loved and appreciated for making our dreams come true! as a football fan forum though there are going to be issues ie price increases that some cant afford etc? also people leaving early is an English football issue not just city! the club is still making money from those fans though and if prices for beer etc were on a par with the pub just across the road then thousands more would drink in the stadium? also the service for food etc is so slow that people get fed up waiting over half an hour to buy something? never heard one person have an issue with the owner though

Can we get back on topic please?

As i pointed out a couple of pages back,if you wish to discuss emptys seats,leaving early,ticket/beer prices or even club ownership.....then please do it in the appropriate thread.

Thank you.

Shame there has been no news about the North Stand - even if the club said we are going to do it eventually it would be good. Just the not knowing that is the issue. Would love to see 6000 new seats given over to a younger generation of fans - would a stand of 18-30 year old work for example?

FWIW there is an appreciation that the CFG is tasked with bing the best at what it does in the world. That standard comes from it's owner(s) and it may be that the voice(s) that make it into the ear of Sheikh Mansour bring news of fan's apathy but I doubt he reads it on Bluemoon (sorry Ric, I don't think he has to time browse).

Many of us MCFC fans are far from loving the idea of being part of the CFG as it's not all wine and roses there are negatives too. I would venture that as a 'fan' Sheikh Mansour's first reaction to large numbers of fans leaving at 80 minutes would be 'how do we put that right' - I would strongly suggest that ANYONE who thinks he would hold back on ANY investment based on such an event needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Having spoken to people tasked with developing MCFC as part of the CFG it is also clear that whatever is planned for MCFC is already in motion and will happen irrespective of anything the fans can/will/hope to achieve. The up side to that is that the club needs never worry about its financial future again, the downside is that almost nothing we do as a support base would change those plans.

Why should HHSM invest £2billion if we can't be arsed shelling out £20? Because the two things are not really linked.

If you, CrownPointBlue think he makes investment decisions based on such things you are wrong.

As John Stemp told me when I was on the tour of the, then under construction, new stand - and I am paraphrasing here "The owners want the best in everything but they wont ever shout about it or brag about, it they will deliver the best and let others do the talking"

Shame there has been no news about the North Stand - even if the club said we are going to do it eventually it would be good. Just the not knowing that is the issue. Would love to see 6000 new seats given over to a younger generation of fans - would a stand of 18-30 year old work for example?

Coincidentally I posted similar. Shot down though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.