Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt cash flow is an issue.
You could be wrong on this one Marvin.

You may be surprised on the effect it had on discretionary capital projects here last year.

Transaction values fell as low as $27 per barrel at one point last year & are currently less than half their value of 2 years ago.

It's had an effect,believe me.

Beware the grapes of wroth.......I don't care much for Gillingham.Milwall or Rotherham !!

Quite frankly I suspect that they would care even less for a Walter Mitty-type fantasist with a poor sense of timing when it comes to posting embarrassingly feeble attempts at wumm-ing.

I think he'll be more unhappy about.....

Not winning the PL title.
Not winning the FA Cup.
Not winning the League Cup.
A real possibility of missing out on a CL place.
Add it all up and that's about £40mill-£50mill reasons to be very unhappy.
That blame lies with Khaldoon, Soriano, Txiki, Pep, etc.
Not a few thousand City fans leaving early.
No offence CPB, but you don't half post some s***.
And because you aren't close to Sheikh Mansour in any way whatsoever, all of what you post is a load of.....(fill in as appropriate)

You make me smile with some of your definitive statements on matters about which you know nothing .....no offence taken btw.

You could be wrong on this one Marvin.

You may be surprised on the effect it had on discretionary capital projects here last year.

Transaction values fell as low as $27 per barrel at one point last year & are currently less than half their value of 2 years ago.

It's had an effect,believe me.
On state spending in the UAE no doubt, but City are owned by a private individual albeit a member of the royal family. I read that the cost of the South Stand expansion was around £60m. That is the cost of a player but player spending is not being curtailed so I am sceptical about claims that the delay is down to budget

On state spending in the UAE no doubt, but City are owned by a private individual albeit a member of the royal family. I read that the cost of the South Stand expansion was around £60m. That is the cost of a player but player spending is not being curtailed so I am sceptical about claims that the delay is down to budget

There are numerous factors Marvin as you would expectnot.
Capital infrastructure projects across all sectors here have been subject to rigorous review. I suspect the N/S has been included.

The clubs ability to sell out a further 8k tickets for most home games to service the cost may also be a factor. It will happen but all the key elements will have to align first.

Possibly the budget is with ADUG now and not our owner?

Now profits are being made will their self sufficiency need to be topped up or must they like all businesses owned by others consider where any spend should be targeted ?
I know infrastructure is eliminated for FFP but unless our owner sees the Stadium as a special case will the ADUG team prefer long term return for shorter term team rebuilding ?

Possibly the budget is with ADUG now and not our owner?

Now profits are being made will their self sufficiency need to be topped up or must they like all businesses owned by others consider where any spend should be targeted ?
I know infrastructure is eliminated for FFP but unless our owner sees the Stadium as a special case will the ADUG team prefer long term return for shorter term team rebuilding ?
Well it would take 20 years to recover the £60m - not a very efficient use of capital - if you purely consider it in terms of cost of build and revenue from the extra seating. But a ground expansion brings in all kinds of intangibles such as feel good factor, better atmosphere, image, stage, extra commercial revenue because the home of the club is a major part of how a club is perceived. If I think of Liverpool, I think of Anfield, Arsenal the Emirates. If the demand is there, it's a no-brainer yet there's no news which is frustrating.

Well it would take 20 years to recover the £60m - not a very efficient use of capital - if you purely consider it in terms of cost of build and revenue from the extra seating. But a ground expansion brings in all kinds of intangibles such as feel good factor, better atmosphere, image, stage, extra commercial revenue because the home of the club is a major part of how a club is perceived. If I think of Liverpool, I think of Anfield, Arsenal the Emirates. If the demand is there, it's a no-brainer yet there's no news which is frustrating.

Agree with you Marvin but if your annual bonus as an ADUG manager is linked to overall profit I doubt the 20 year route would be your vote for spend.
In all probability our owner has realised this and will top up his start up cash to enable the construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.