Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The demand currently isn't there which may be an influencing factor Marvin.

A couple of blistering PL wins & safe standing might get the ball rolling.

Well it would take 20 years to recover the £60m - not a very efficient use of capital - if you purely consider it in terms of cost of build and revenue from the extra seating. But a ground expansion brings in all kinds of intangibles such as feel good factor, better atmosphere, image, stage, extra commercial revenue because the home of the club is a major part of how a club is perceived. If I think of Liverpool, I think of Anfield, Arsenal the Emirates. If the demand is there, it's a no-brainer yet there's no news which is frustrating.

maybe all of the next few years budget is going on the worlds best young players , they dont come cheap

Any news on the North Stand ? Any updates appreiated from those ITK.

I was told last week that it is certainly in the works, however not like the south stand as we will be looking to build a hockey/multi sports purpose arena INTO the north stand (or at least directly behind it)
The CFA and SportCity is seen as the hotbed for sport in the northwest now with the velodrome across the road and academy, with all the access points and space; it will definitely be happening and plans are probably going to be announced within the next 8 months he said

I was told last week that it is certainly in the works, however not like the south stand as we will be looking to build a hockey/multi sports purpose arena INTO the north stand (or at least directly behind it)
The CFA and SportCity is seen as the hotbed for sport in the northwest now with the velodrome across the road and academy, with all the access points and space; it will definitely be happening and plans are probably going to be announced within the next 8 months he said

i hope its not like the south stand. much rather have a single tier or two tiers... the sports arena sounds good

Thanks for the info...

and the metrolink station ?
whoops

and the metrolink station ?
whoops

Touche. No idea myself what he was going on about as I am no stadium designer but he was convinced. Its amazing what you can fit into a stadium though in terms of building into another
He was convinced it was a go-er and it could be used as an indoor futsal venue too
Not being funny, but it's hardly something I could even think to make up is it!? Nor him, he works for the club..

Not doubting the poster. TBH I am. It would be extremely difficult to build and fit an arena in the space inbetween and part off a NS expansion and the Etihad Metrolink stop/lines.

If I'm wrong fair enough, but I just can't see it, when there's so much land to build on around the stadium, with the costs being significantly lower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.