Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by fbloke, 5 Dec 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. According to a report to the Council Executive last June, it was "the former Hall & Rogers building at the junction of Ashton New Road and Hillkirk Street" (that may be the same site as you're talking about - I have no idea). However, Manchester Phoenix, who were going to play there, seem to have folded: https://www.manchesterphoenix.co.uk/news/2854/phoenix-statement. Not sure that the venture will be viable without them (or might Manchester Storm be tempted from Altrincham?).

I don't think the plan was ever to have ice hockey hosted at any arena on the collar site. However, there was talk of such an arena hosting international basketball games as well as becoming a home for the Manchester Giants. IIRC, under the Eastlands Community Plan dated 2012, the hope was to make the area around the Campus home to various sports governing bodies, of which basketball was one.

I suspect the plan might bbe that, if they build the arena/conference venue, that - coupled with the recently mooted sports university and the ADUG/Council home building joint venture - there'll then be the prospect of large numbers of people in and around the campus on a daily basis. And that will then help to attract a partner for the development of the rest of the collar site.

2. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

He went to Abu Dhabi after Watford.

3. Fat Chance

Fat Chance

It is the site Pet...thnx for the snippets

4. Corky

Corky

How soon is When?

When the Liberal Democrats win the election 300,000 new home swill be built a year too.

5. CrownPointBlue

CrownPointBlue

That is a rather unflattering image of Yas Marina Hotel which is Whale shaped.

The luminous shell constantly changes colour. When seen in its physical context however it is very striking & very AbD.

I understand they have something similar planned fo the stadium & I hope they give Manchester something world class & iconic.

6. dickie davies

dickie davies

Tag team wrestler
    It'll be ready when Arsenal next win the Prem

7. dickie davies

dickie davies

Tag team wrestler

8. Fat Chance

Fat Chance

Will we get a grey coloured luminous wrap?

9. jrb

jrb

Is that log flume still getting built? ;-)

10. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    Yes your doing the progress photos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.