Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Does anyone really think that the Etihad is a poor stadium? It’s a fantastic stadium and much better than Old Trafford, Anfield etc. The club is constantly improving and innovating and no doubt any future expansion of the North Stand will be done with that in mind. The club knows what the fans think about a designated “end” too which I’m confident will be a the forefront of any design.

Does anyone really think that the Etihad is a poor stadium? It’s a fantastic stadium and much better than Old Trafford, Anfield etc. The club is constantly improving and innovating and no doubt any future expansion of the North Stand will be done with that in mind. The club knows what the fans think about a designated “end” too which I’m confident will be a the forefront of any design.

I wouldn't say it's poor and I don't think too many had that much of a problem with it when we first moved in but it's clear that in terms of some of the newer stadia that have been/are being built things have moved on hugely since 2003. Also, ours was designed for athletics and built with materials that deaden atmosphere rather than amplify it. To be fair, the club have addressed this in part with the new roof above the expanded South Stand 3rd tier being built with material that reflects noise as opposed to the old roof which absorbed it.

If they can do something similar with the proposed North Stand expansion plus not have it over 3 tiers but 2 or even 1 then that will help improve the atmosphere immensely. That single tier end that Spurs are building looks class but it's still possible for us to do something similar.

I would add that I've heard any expansion of the North Stand is now probably 3-5 years away so if safe standing comes in before that - as is looking increasingly likely - then the club will have to implement it into the current configuration (perhaps as a temporary measure pending expansion of the NS where it may be given a more permanent home).

I wouldn't say it's poor and I don't think too many had that much of a problem with it when we first moved in but it's clear that in terms of some of the newer stadia that have been/are being built things have moved on hugely since 2003. Also, ours was designed for athletics and built with materials that deaden atmosphere rather than amplify it. To be fair, the club have addressed this in part with the new roof above the expanded South Stand 3rd tier being built with material that reflects noise as opposed to the old roof which absorbed it.

If they can do something similar with the proposed North Stand expansion plus not have it over 3 tiers but 2 or even 1 then that will help improve the atmosphere immensely. That single tier end that Spurs are building looks class but it's still possible for us to do something similar.

I would add that I've heard any expansion of the North Stand is now probably 3-5 years away so if safe standing comes in before that - as is looking increasingly likely - then the club will have to implement it into the current configuration (perhaps as a temporary measure pending expansion of the NS where it may be given a more permanent home).

3 to 5 years away - wow I thought it would have been sooner. I assume our planning consent will expire but I guess the club can get this again given its relationship with MCC.

To be honest I'm not sure there'd be any need to rebuild from scratch when you consider what Real Madrid are doing to the Bernebeu, you can make a stadium look/feel absolutely brand new without a rebuild. If Mansour feels like the Etihad isn't enough of a showpiece, particularly after some bolted on North, East and Colin Bell Stand extensions, they could renovate it to be whatever they want within reason.

horizontal3estadio_3am4761.jpg

real-madrid-stadium.jpg

Or we could just clad the Etihad like Swales did to Maine Road

Talk of expanding the Etihad in the future to 70-80,000 capacity - I cannot see it.
City need to shock the world and reduce Ticket prices - say about a half.There are many "Kippax" going fans who do not go now because of increase in prices.Rather watch in the pub.
Kompany alluded to this a few months ago. The fantastic surge in TV monies should be filtered down to match going fans. Once we have a waiting list of say over 10,000 fans then The Etihad could be expanded - always keeping in mind the terrible transport problems that exist at the moment.

PS. That Spurs stadium looks very steep terracing.

IMO I think the stadium looks excellent as it is now. When we are continually selling out all games, not just the attractive ones, then there’s the opportunity to investigate upgrading areas.

I agree it fabulous. I don't want it extended , we don't have infra structure to exit site cleanly now after match. With 54,000 attendance.
City would be gridlocked for hours if another 15 or 20 are stacked on.
Preferably I would like to see demand of a regular 65,000 pushing to get 54,000 seats.

No empty seats . Make it easier to resell if you can t attend.

The extra revenue for match tickets is irrelevant. A dip in the ocean against TV and sponsorships etc.

Up to date aerial shot of Spurs new stadium.

Look at the size of their new single tier behind one goal.

IMG_1842.jpg

They've fucked up there. Not left an exit to get those cranes out. :)

Did they employ these guys?

RVH-workers.jpg

I think it looks impressive from ANR where it's been extended. Looks drab and underwhelming from Asda car park.

Anyone know why the first tier was built under ground level, makes it look less imposing to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.