Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

S04 said:
Recalling the Academy stadium design sketches it looked like there was no seats but standing areas at the ends, can anyone clarify this?

The intro video on the CFA website (http://www.manchestercityfootballacademy.co.uk/) seems to suggest it'll be two stands of seating (touchlines) and two stands of standing (behind the goals).

Rewatching that video I picked up on the 'public plaza' area next to both the academy stadium and the bridge. I recall a guy at the academy plans display/exhibition mentioning this would be akin to city square - an area to ea/drink before heading over the bridge to the stadium (or perhaps just open in general...?).
Anyway able to shed more light on that?

Also forgot how close the mini stadium is close to the street...I like that, seems to integrate into the public streetscape rather than locked away in some remote countryside area in 'West Manchester'...

somapop said:
Also forgot how close the mini stadium is close to the street...I like that, seems to integrate into the public streetscape rather than locked away in some remote countryside area in 'West Manchester'...
Indeed. It's only the west and east stands going up at the minute and they are pretty close. There's the north stand to go in yet which is obviously even closer! You can see the footprint on the aerial shots.

[bigimg]http://www.airviews.info/MCFC%20GALLERY/data/images1/0021_-_manchester_city_academy_july_2013.jpg[/bigimg]

yawa said:
somapop said:
Indeed. It's only the west and east stands going up at the minute and they are pretty close. There's the north stand to go in yet which is obviously even closer! You can see the footprint on the aerial shots.

[bigimg]http://www.airviews.info/MCFC%20GALLERY/data/images1/0021_-_manchester_city_academy_july_2013.jpg[/bigimg]

I feel proud of the future potential of City.

Love how it's so close to asda. I can watch the game and nip out for some spuds at half time

blueyorkie said:
fbloke said:
worsleyweb said:
Just doing some quick calcs - say the mean number of rows back the east and west are expanded is 20 rows - I am guessing 13 blocks each side at 30 seats long - equals 390 x 20 x 2 - would give

15,600 on top of 60'000 - 75,600

Don't get carried away with 84000 blues!!

I wonder if we might also see smaller seats to squeeeeeze a few more thousand in?

I recall when being shown around during the construction of the Etihad that New York Yankees changed their seats in the 1990's to accommodate the every increasing size of an American arse. The previous seating had been installed in the 1970's, this time the bigger seats meant a 5000 reduction in capacity.

I always thought our seats at the Etihad were generous but those at the Allianz
3597195301_9e2dcbcc73_z.jpg

are stand alone and pretty spacious so to be fair it is not just Americans with growing backside.s

Found this lurking 3 pages back, too important a thread not to be on the first page. Any more pics must be over a week since the last lot. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.