Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
IrelandSuperman said:
somapop said:
Was the B of the Bang actually 'unsafe' or did the new planners just want it out the way!
Depends whether you consider two ton steel spikes falling on your head unsafe...

That's what they wanted you to believe!
Of course, it's just a wild theory I don't give much credence to...but it was in the way (I personally loved the bloody thing).

There were also rumours, in the older version of this thread, that a new sculpture (similar to the Anish Kapoor structure at the London Olympic site) was planned here too...?

somapop said:
IrelandSuperman said:
somapop said:
Was the B of the Bang actually 'unsafe' or did the new planners just want it out the way!
Depends whether you consider two ton steel spikes falling on your head unsafe...

Of course, it's just a wild theory I don't give much credence to...but it was in the way (I personally loved the bloody thing).

There were also rumours, in the older version of this thread, that a new sculpture (similar to the Anish Kapoor structure at the London Olympic site) was planned here too...?

Please no. That Olympic thing is one of the crappest pieces of art in the history. I'd like a new B of the Bang, only 10 times larger than the original. And painted blue.

Chancy Termites said:
somapop said:
IrelandSuperman said:

Please no. That Olympic thing is one of the crappest pieces of art in the history. I'd like a new B of the Bang, only 10 times larger than the original. And painted blue.

Me too, the Olympic thingy is awful.

Why don't we have a huge signpost indicating how far Trafford is from our stadium in the heart of Manchester?

Chancy Termites said:
I'd like a new B of the Bang, only 10 times larger than the original. And painted blue.

I was talking to my mate about this on Saturday and he suggested we should have a massive statue of 4 players linking arms as you get off the footbridge onto the stadium site. Trautmann, Bell, Kinkladze and Kompany. He said It'd be a good thing to celebrate our past and our present and future. I personally loved the idea.

It was over pints, but still I thought the idea was a good one.

Ooh I loved the B of the Bang - I'm not really into sculpture but that was so exciting.

A replacement, 10 times as big and with embedded multi-coloured LEDs would be fantastic. You could simulate a bristling bonfire on Nov 5th. Would also be a brilliant advert for the club on CL nights.

flipmode said:
Chancy Termites said:
I'd like a new B of the Bang, only 10 times larger than the original. And painted blue.

I was talking to my mate about this on Saturday and he suggested we should have a massive statue of 4 players linking arms as you get off the footbridge onto the stadium site. Trautmann, Bell, Kinkladze and Kompany. He said It'd be a good thing to celebrate our past and our present and future. I personally loved the idea.

Great idea. Kinkladze's an interesting one. Like most blues I loved watching him but his stay was tainted with that relegation, what about Goater? maybe not as gifted but definately has legend status with the club.

citymad said:
flipmode said:
Chancy Termites said:

Great idea. Kinkladze's an interesting one. Like most blues I loved watching him but his stay was tainted with that relegation, what about Goater? maybe not as gifted but definately has legend status with the club.
Like the Goater variation. It could be a progression from Trautmann to Vinnie to Bell to The Goat

GX or others might be able to confirm whether or not another is still planned...actually, they may have done so already but I've a terrible memory at the moment and chances are it was lost in this huge thread.

I knew people who hated the idea of sculptures/public art 'period' (yes, they're often a barrel of laughs), but fell in love with the B of the Bang.
Shame it's sat in some metal graveyard somewhere...

GornikDaze said:
citymad said:
flipmode said:

Like the Goater variation. It could be a progression from Trautmann to Vinnie to Bell to The Goat

Not having that without Lakey in there. ;)

2qjfxc0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.