Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
flipmode said:
Chancy Termites said:
I'd like a new B of the Bang, only 10 times larger than the original. And painted blue.

I was talking to my mate about this on Saturday and he suggested we should have a massive statue of 4 players linking arms as you get off the footbridge onto the stadium site. Trautmann, Bell, Kinkladze and Kompany. He said It'd be a good thing to celebrate our past and our present and future. I personally loved the idea.

It was over pints, but still I thought the idea was a good one.

Rather have Dickov than Kinkladze

waspish said:
flipmode said:
Chancy Termites said:
I'd like a new B of the Bang, only 10 times larger than the original. And painted blue.

I was talking to my mate about this on Saturday and he suggested we should have a massive statue of 4 players linking arms as you get off the footbridge onto the stadium site. Trautmann, Bell, Kinkladze and Kompany. He said It'd be a good thing to celebrate our past and our present and future. I personally loved the idea.

One of the late 70s team - one of the league cup winning team - instead of either. And Peter Doherty, Frank Swift and Billy Meredith have to be there as well. A representative of all the trophy winning teams there then.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
waspish said:
flipmode said:

One of the late 70s team - one of the league cup winning team - instead of either. And Peter Doherty, Frank Swift and Billy Meredith have to be there as well. A representative of all the trophy winning teams there then.

Agree

Statues of players around the stadium would be great. For the main one we could have the City Eagle and the Gazelle or Falcon of Abu Dhabi together in some form. I imagine with a few bob spent this could be really impressive. Bronze rather than rusted steel!

fredmont said:
Statues of players around the stadium would be great. For the main one we could have the City Eagle and the Gazelle or Falcon of Abu Dhabi together in some form. I imagine with a few bob spent this could be really impressive. Bronze rather than rusted steel!

Bronze???????? They would be gone overnight.

I may be wrong but vaguely remember reading that there are plans in place for a new piece of artwork, but it will be bit further back down Alan Turing way near where the new swimming pool will be built and won't have anything to do with City.

I think we will eventually have statues etc around the ground but I imagine it will be done when the ground is expanded and the collar site developed.

This thread makes me feel like a kid again. I know fantastic things will happen so if I'm patient and wait I know I'll be blown away by how the whole of the Etihad campus will look, BUT I WANT IT NOW, NOW GODDAMMIT NOW

pfazz said:
fredmont said:

Bronze???????? They would be gone overnight.

I'm talking big but OK not bronze!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.