EU Journo Guidelines

That aside why do they feel the need to issue reporting guidelines claiming the news and media can sway public opinion so report something this way so we can er.....sway public opinion.

Its a fucking joke.
Because they feel there is a real need to counter baseless hatespeech.

It's not Governmental body. Do you guys ever actually bother to find out anything about the stuff you moan about?

I was replying to a reply...although the EU did fund this group, and the EU is corrupt so it stands to reason this could be corrupt.

The point he was making is the press isn't free and hasn't been for a while, and this "Pressure group" funded by the EU could be an entry level hamstringer of what little press freedom is left.
Lol then why would the IPI publish it when they're dedicated to the promotion and protection of press freedom and the improvement of journalism practices.

Because they feel there is a real need to counter baseless hatespeech.

We have laws against that.

They want to sway public opinion by reporting things in a certain way.

That isnt right and it never will be.

Who decides if something is baseless specially if they aren't even allowed to report on it? It's communism 101 isn't it?

You guys are nuts. This is aluminium foil hat wearing living in your moms basement nuts. It's gibbering nonsense.

I'm out.

We have laws against that.

They want to sway public opinion by reporting things in a certain way.

That isnt right and it never will be.
Yeah and those laws don't seem to be doing much good or are simply ineffective.
Anyway, not sure if you've noticed but swaying opinion is the bread and butter of the media, always has been.

Gagging orders are legal injunctions brought in accordance with UK law. What have they to do with a pressure group that receives EU funding? And why are you all setting your hair on fire over a pressure group anyway?
I guess you didn't like the Brexit thread comment as you're on there a lot ;-)
The point about the gagging orders was nothing to do with the topic, I used that as an example of how even the press aren't free to report what they want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.