EU referendum result

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 24 Jun 2016.

1. Ric

Ric

The old thread was getting too big, so I've started a new one to discuss the results:

Key points so far:
    • Leave wins with 52%
    • Cameron to step down as PM in October
    Not the result I personally wanted, but that's democracy for you.

2. CityStu

CityStu

The person I feel really sorry for is Daniel Hannan. By far the most lucid and persuasive campaigner to Leave and now he's out of a job!

3. johnny on the spot

johnny on the spot

A big well done to the mackems round here, who failed to listen to Nissan's urge to vote Remain to ensure continued development of the plant that hires tens of thousands of them.

4. I know. I think our voting system is inherently flawed but at least with a general election there's some kind of feeling that you get to choose who's in charge.

I do feel for something as monumental as this there should be a general election. Nobody currently has a mandate to handle our exit.

5. blueish swede

blueish swede

The sooner we, the EUropean tax payers, stop paying Hannans wages the better. And we'll have the half a million euro they've claimed in support as well.

6. nico1

nico1

Scotland to leave the UK next. Recession already on the cards. Facist political parties across Europe are thanking the out voters. Get your black shirts on boys. Europe is finished. Nice one.

7. BoyBlue_1985

BoyBlue_1985

Electrician
    Thats alright mate have your first pint on me

8. CityStu

CityStu

But then if you were the only party suggesting an immediate annulling of the referendum result and return to EU membership, you could get around 50% of the votes.

9. TCIB

TCIB

Sicario
    October it is then, welcome PM Johnson.

10. SPIDERBOY

SPIDERBOY

Farage has said this morning that the NHS "won't be getting £350m",after a "leave"campaign advert "guaranteed" it.