EU referendum result

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 24 Jun 2016.

1. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Indolence
    Fair enough, and I agree, I slanted it unfairly. I should have put the point about the possibility of an *increased* Brexit majority in the bullets. The point is, we don't know today what majority might exist or not, in 2 years time.

2. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Can't argue with that.....

3. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

I bet you have that picture on your wall above your bed. Next to Jezza.

4. purplenose

purplenose

Horizontal dancing instructor
    I just bet 12months ago you would have screamed "murderer" and "war criminal" the moment you saw or heard of our esteemed former prime minister.

5. Gaylord du Bois

Gaylord du Bois

Not qualified to comment

If we're playing Nutter Top Trumps...

6. blueparrot

blueparrot

As its never been done before there is no precedent so anything is possible if both sides want it enough. My best guess though is the 2 year notice will get extended as they negotiations drag on. At that time we will be approaching a general election, so we could well end up with a different government needing to ratify an agreement negotiated by this one. It may well be decided then to put it to another referendum, especially if any of the parties forming the government have campaigned on that.
    I don't see the problem with Blair campaigning for what he wants, anymore than if the referendum had gone the other way, Farage and Brexit supporters would have had every right to carry on campaigning for another referendum down the line to come out.

7. Helmet Cole

Helmet Cole

You could well be correct and the GE may well effectively turn into a second referendum. I think the problem most people have is with blair himself, rather than his campaign or message. Even if I agreed with what he's saying I still regard him as a liar and borderline war criminal who should at least have the decency to keep a low profile.

8. Len Rum

Len Rum

Gentleman
    Probably out, but we'd be fcuked anyway.
    Timing is everything.
    If it goes in the next two years, then we're still in,so no joy there.
    If it blows in say in the next two to five then we'll still be in transition , heavily dependent on EU trade but trying to forge new trade links. So still a disaster for us.
    After five years we may have achieved more independence from EU trade but the fallout from the resultant financial and economic implosion will still result in disaster for us although maybe a little bit better than the disaster above.
    So all good then.

9. purplenose

purplenose

Horizontal dancing instructor

The fact that it will very highly probably will disintegrate sooner rather than later was one of the main reasons I voted out. There is no doubt that such a break up would have consequences for us, no escaping that, but the longer we have been out when it happens the less severe they will be.

10. manctheknife

manctheknife

I voted OUT, for many reasons.
    Come 2nd referendum time I would probably abstain, the democratic principle of 'have another go, you thick twat' would not do it for me.
    After all, if it comes down to a second, what price a best of 3?