EU referendum result

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 24 Jun 2016.

1. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Psychological projection, also known as blame shifting, is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unpleasant impulses by denying their existence while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is hyperbolic may constantly accuse other people of being hyperbolic.

2. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

On the morning of 24 June….. “Boris came in punching the air like Maradona”

Dominic Cummings, campaign director of Vote Leave group.

Apt, the hand of god was a lie, committed by a cheat and resulted in a goal that should never have been given.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2017
  3. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

At the risk of plagiarising the remain's narrative:

Because we have not left yet.

4. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    Ahhh so that's why everyone who's disagrees with you is an idiot. Now I get it, cheers.

5. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

The government ought to have looked at it. All of it. It is not a remain/leave thing; it's basic government.

6. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

A phrase which could be used equally comfortably by everyone on both sides, and this would be rather more productive and sane if both sides took notice of it rather than absurd extreme generalisations about political views.

7. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Which is a valid opinion.

Might the country be better after Brexit? Maybe.
    Might the country be worse after Brexit? Maybe.
    Do I have any faith in any UK government to make the first more likely than the second? No.

8. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

You missed a trick there, but it doesn't surprise me.

9. Vic

Vic

I take the opposite view. Most people are now well-educated, and the "underclass" is a very small minority. Thus Shelley's post-Peterloo "Masque of Anarchy" had the hope for reform in the fact that "Ye are many—they are few!" The poor are now the few - and the majority approves of slashing benefits (and low taxes). That's the UK now. I can quite believe that the referendum was a chance to kick out against "elites" - or even against Cameron personally - but if Gove, Boris and Ian Duncan-Smith (and Farage, man of the people) were not "elite" I don't know who is. Despite May's "shared society" crap, an "independent" UK under a permanent Tory government is not going to do anything for the poor. Frankly, if "taking back control" means unfettered neo-liberal government, then I don't want the UK to have that control.

10. CityStu

CityStu

Depends on your definition of well educated. 38% have degrees and that's weighted towards younger people who are less likely to vote.

If that's you view on the Tory party, vote accordingly at a general election. At least with Brexit the government will be wholly accountable.